cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G not working on iPhone 14 Pro Max

TeddyXIII
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have recently switched to Public Mobile and I have signed up for the 5G Plan, it's been a few days now and everywhere I go, I only seem to be connecting to the Public Mobile network via LTE.  I have done network resets and everything else in between, is this something that other people are experiencing or am I alone on this one?

The iPhone 14 is fully unlocked and worked with my previous carrier Bell on 5G no problem.

23 REPLIES 23

@TeddyXIII wrote:

So much better, you all are amazing!
Thank you so much, truly!

@TeddyXIII , I’m so happy that it helped! We all learn from one another here so it helps when people come back with feedback on what does & does not work for them. Thank you! 🙂

Edit: That & having patience with one another makes a big difference also.
Whoops, my electricity went off in mid sentence!

TeddyXIII

So much better, you all are amazing!
Thank you so much, truly!

If you would like to change it, go to the reply that you had chosen and click the little arrow in the upper right and select not solution. Then choose whichever reply you like.

@TeddyXIII wrote:

YOU ARE A LEGEND!
Thank you so much!

I accidently clicked on another response as the solution but I owe you a coffee or something!

@TeddyXIII , that’s an easy fix just edit it & select a different one if you chose the wrong one.

Is it working any better?

TeddyXIII

YOU ARE A LEGEND!
Thank you so much!

I accidently clicked on another response as the solution but I owe you a coffee or something!

@LitlLdy @TeddyXIII 

iOS 17 is just around the corner and hopefully it will fix some of the bugs.

TeddyXIII

I just did a speed test and it hit me with a very underwhelming 41.1Mbps.  I am going to do a OS update and see if that is the cure to my 5G-less Blues!

@TeddyXIII , please update your software to 16.5. Plus there’s security updates with it. Then your carrier profile will update. 

@TeddyXIII  the older OS shouldn't affect your speed, but maybe that is the reason you cannot update Carrier profile.   Go ahead, update the OS to the latest and greatest first  🙂

and use the speed test to confirm the speed, I expect you to have good LTE speed, a lot more than 100Mbps

TeddyXIII

@Handy1 @LitlLdy @softech 

First of all, thank you all for how blasted quick you are support wise!

I am running on carrier Public Mobile 52 but it isn’t letting me update.

I’ve gone outside to see if anything has changed and indeed, still LTE. 

I am running on iOS 16.1.1 which I should probably do an update but I don’t see how that would affect my network speed.

@softech wrote:

@TeddyXIII what carrier version you have? 

@LitlLdy  what version do you have ?

@softech , I have 54.0.1 on my iPhone 14 Pro, which has been this way for quite awhile now! No updates!

@TeddyXIII  Are you indoors ? If you go outside does it show 5G if the signal strength is not strong enough it will drop to LTE 

@TeddyXIII what carrier version you have? 

@LitlLdy  what version do you have ?

TeddyXIII

I am always typically in a 5G area as i work Downtown and also live Midtown.  I checked to see if 5G was in my area prior to switching and the coverage map confirmed that I was in a 5G area

TeddyXIII

Hey @softech !

I tried giving that a go and I got no luck on trying to do a carrier update 👎

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy   haha.  I type slow!!

@softech , ohh boy then I’m a turtle! 🤣 I’m typing from an iPad on my lap so takes me a bit! 😂

@LitlLdy  I don’t know about that, maybe it was your nice pics that slowed it down 

@LitlLdy   haha.  I type slow!!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@softech , @Handy1, how do you type so fast when there were no responses before mine & boom there you are after I click send? 🤣

@TeddyXIII  and, even you are on LTE, if you have a 5G plan, your speed will be higher the LTE capped speed of 100Mbps.  So, please run a speed test and let us know how fast it is

https://www.speedtest.net/apps

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@TeddyXIII wrote:

I have recently switched to Public Mobile and I have signed up for the 5G Plan, it's been a few days now and everywhere I go, I only seem to be connecting to the Public Mobile network via LTE.  I have done network resets and everything else in between, is this something that other people are experiencing or am I alone on this one?

The iPhone 14 is fully unlocked and worked with my previous carrier Bell on 5G no problem.

@TeddyXIII , I am on the $15 3G plan for my iPhone 14 Pro & 5G shows up on my phone! Do you have the latest software update 16.5.?

IMG_0019.jpegIMG_0020.jpegIMG_0021.jpeg

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TeddyXIII  Do you have cellular data set to 5G also note if your. Not in 5G area you will have to rely on 4G:LTE 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TeddyXIII  is 5G or Automatic selected on iPhone?
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice and Data or Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Voice and Data

Also make sure your Carrier profile is updated

1.  Settings > General > About.
  2. Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update.
Need Help? Let's chat.