cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G not showing as option on S20 5G

qubn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I know this question has been asked many times but still doesn't answer my question.

I was on Rogers and moved to Public Mobile recently. When I was on Rogers, I had the 5G working fine, but when I switched, I only have the option to select LTE or below that, there is no option for the 5G.

I have contacted the PM support and they said they can't do anything and that's on Samsung's fault. I contacted Samsung and they said it's Rogers' fault and that they might have locked the 5G to their network. And now I am trying to contact Rogers, but it's closed and live chat takes forever to get someone.

What do you guys think? Could that be possible? I asked the Samsung agent if my phone was indeed no longer supported for 5G and he didn't answer.

4 REPLIES 4

qubn

If there is an update, will you automatically get it even if you flashed the US version on it? What are the downsides except Samsung Pay not working anymore?

RUSTY01

I fixed my own by flashing the firmware of my phone to the US version. Now I have 5G and dual sim. There's instructions in the forums if you search. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@qubn 

it is a known issue that S20 series does not work well with PM or Koodo, mainly because it was blocked on the OS level, an agreement between Telus and Samsung because both Koodo and PM did not have 5G support when S20 was introduced.  Yes, PM and Koodo both supporting 5G but it is too late and Samsung no longer update the OS to allow the phone to use 5G on PM

But even with you connected on LTE, your speed shoudl still be as good as you are on 5G network (close to 200Mbos)   Please try "Reset All networks" on your phone first, and also test the phone in different area

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Samsung-s20-5G/m-p/1043676#M728790

Need Help? Let's chat.