cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G bands

sal82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm planning to get the redmagic 9 pro. And I want to make sure this phone has the proper 5G bands that PM/Telus uses. When I ordered my xperia 1 iii from Asia, I automatically assumed that 5G would work. What I didn't know was stupid Sony had region based variants. So therefore, I've never had 5G.

A quick google search says Telus uses n66, n71, and n78. The only one that redmagic 9 pro doesn't support is n71.

So I'm wondering...which band out of the 3 does PM use? If it's n71, I won't get the phone.

6 REPLIES 6

CrazyValkyri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5G definitely works for me as it was popping up yesterday. I just compared bands before buying. I was debating between the two as well. The z60 ultra had all the compatible bands, I'm not sure if telus has ZTE IMEI blacklisted or not though but I've heard there are hacks and apps you can do to get around that. It makes no sense if they do since Redmagic and ZTE are the same company but whatever. 

1000011839.jpg

sal82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

5G works, right?

i'm looking at the nubia z60 ultra as well. zte's flagship. same company that makes redmagic phones.

CrazyValkyri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought the RedMagic 9 pro direct from RedMagic and received it today. All setup for the past four hours and everything seems to be working, network wise. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sal82 

It looks like the Redmagic 9 Pro+ is compatible with 4/5 5G in Canada. So I would think it will work.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/nubia-red-magic-9-pro-plus 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sal82 

PM uses n66 and n78 for 5G and your phone has that, so it should work

Also, your phone have all the bands required for LTE and 3G for PM, so, it will work

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sal82 

Here's a link that shows what PM uses. However, I've been told it may not be up to date.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/check-your-phones-compatibility

Public Mobile operates on HSPA, 5G, 4G LTE, and LTE Advanced networks.

• 5G, 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

To access 5G network speeds, ensure you have a compatible phone, your phone’s software is up-to-date, and you are connected to the Public Mobile 5G network where available.

Need Help? Let's chat.