cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Speed

PharesD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I switch from 3G to 5G but my speed still slow, do I need to change my SIM Card too? any idea please !

10 REPLIES 10

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @PharesD 

you said slow, how slow? you tried using app to speed test in different area? and what network.mode is it currently set to??

K_GL

Depends what phone you have,same 4g plan same address ,iphone14pro get speed  135mb/s,moto g only 80mb/s

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Out of 7 replies, not one person has asked what phone you have. So, with that being said, what phone do you have?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Even if their device or area didn’t support 5G they would still see a speed benefit on LTE. 

- 4G plans on PM can get speeds up to 100Mbps 

-5G Plans on PM can get speeds up to 250Mbps. 

Most modern phones can support speeds way faster than allotted on LTE so as long as the device can support the speed they should see an increase in speed regardless if their device is 5G capable or if their area has 5G coverage or not. 

@Abheer wrote:

Hi @PharesD 

Don't change your SIM. Does your device support 5G? If yes, it may be that where you are currently does not have 5G Coverage. Please check here to find out. Have a nice day.

While having 5G network coverage can help, it's still possible for a Public Mobile customer to receive full 5G plan speeds even if not connected to the 5G network.  The LTE network is capable of speeds faster than even the 250Mbps that Public Mobile is advertising for the 5G plans.

@dust2dust wrote:

How long ago did you change plans? It might take a couple few days for the speed change to be recognized.

Speed changes from one speed plan to another speed plan are now immediate.

PharesD

just few week ago 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did you change plans? It might take a couple few days for the speed change to be recognized.

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @PharesD 

Don't change your SIM. Does your device support 5G? If yes, it may be that where you are currently does not have 5G Coverage. Please check here to find out. Have a nice day.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PharesD 

No need to change your SIM card. You only have to switch over the plan and then you should be getting speeds as fast as your device and plan will allow. 

Need Help? Let's chat.