cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Data Not Working on Phone

Tina123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently changed my plan from 4G data to 5G data and throughout the whole time I was on 4G data, it was showing up as LTE on my phone. Now, after the change to 5G data, it still shows as LTE on my phone. How do I update this in my iPhone? 

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tina123 , you have made a change from a 4G speed plan to a 5G speed plan. That means the speed cap for the new plan is higher.  You have access to the 5G network using either plan. The fact that you were unable to establish a 5G connection before making the plan change suggests that there's a hardware compatibility problem preventing a 5G connection.  Note that there are certain 5G capable device that are not on the "5G whitelist".  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Tina123   What iPhone do you have?  Only iPhone 12 and newer can get 5G.  I have an iPhone 13 and it is set to 5G Auto but is nearly always on LTE.  When you go to Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Voice & Data what do you see?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Tina123 

if you are on iPhone, change it to 5G On , but this will kill your battery faster. Better to leave for 5G auto

But if you are on other phone, you can try to disable batter save mode.  The OS on the phone usually bring the data down to LTE to save battery

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tina123  You need to change your network on phone settings to 5G , also note even with phone set to 4G /LTE you will get faster speeds of 100mbs of a 4G plan do a speed test to confirm 

Speed test

https://www.speedtest.net/apps

Need Help? Let's chat.