cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

519 Numbers...

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

First of all, I'm not sure if this is the proper topic area for this question, so if not... move it, I guess.

Is there a chance in the future we could get/pick 519 numbers? I'd prefer 519 over 226 as petty as it may seem.

35 REPLIES 35

@stonechucker wrote:

@RobertQc, not sure how suitable a Mount Forest number would be for @Barryere.  It's smack dab in the middle of Very Rural Ontario.

@stonechuckerShouldn't matter? It's still 519 and in the same province.

I wanted a specific area code and because all the ones for my city were stupid and I didn't recognize them, I found other cities that had the area code I wanted and used that. I have not experienced any issues.

I guess if someone has "city wide calling" it could be an issue. Is city wide calling a thing?

@RobertQc, not sure how suitable a Mount Forest number would be for @Barryere.  It's smack dab in the middle of Very Rural Ontario.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

The ability to get a certain area code is based on the numbers available to Telus (and ho they distribute to Koodo and Public Mobile) within the allotted area code and exchange for each calling centre.

519 numbers are very popular, and 226 have been around for ages now, so 226 although not favourable, are more than likely what is available on a third tier service provider.

The larger the calling centre, the less likely to get an old 519.

Frankly, be happy you're not getting the new 5optionsons (yet).

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Barryere wrote:

Hi,

First of all, I'm not sure if this is the proper topic area for this question, so if not... move it, I guess.

Is there a chance in the future we could get/pick 519 numbers? I'd prefer 519 over 226 as petty as it may seem.

@BarryereI wish changing a phone number in self serve was as easy with an open account, as it is for first choosing one.

At first sign up (activation) you can choose your last 4 digits (Or at least see if they are available) also you can hit "show more options" and it will show you more and more.

Changing your number is self-serve sucks.

But there are 519 available in On-MountForst (But may cause issues with someone who has a crappy lane line with local calling only)

thumbnail.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.