cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 one time international LD bonus

zhengbe21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Last year I received a 500 one-time international LD bonus. Does anyone know what countries I can call if I want to use the bonus?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Soegi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have those 500LD bonus, sometime a go I could use it, but recently I cannot, I dont know what changed. Any ideas?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Actually, it turns out that the list in the solution is not applicable. That list is for the 300 minute add-on. The freebie list asked about is:
Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Thanks for bumping this up @ezl007 .

HI @ezl007 

you are correct, we can just try to call and won't incur extra charges if unable to make the calls.  It used to be more "unadvertised" countries, but lately, PM has closed the gap , so you might not have much luck for surprises

ezl007

The 500M BONUS LD calls is good for all international call listed on the web site, not just to the countries listed under so-called "International" countries.  When in doubt, just call.  This is a pre-paid service.  If you can't call then you can not make the call.  You will not be charged with any highway-robbing LD rates by other providers.

@zhengbe21 

Don't want to give you false hope, the country list of the free international minutes won't be changed

And no new country has been added for years

I would say it would be updated when new areas of the world would be added. Best to keep track here.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans#ALL

Scroll down to the bottom and then click on add ons. You'll see the list there.

zhengbe21

Will the international call list be updated every year?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @zhengbe21 

Here's a list.

Countries included in international long distance include: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada. Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.