cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 outgoing international text

Elleey13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! Since i got a company phone, i’ve decided to get just the $10 plan which include a 50minuts talk, unli incoming text messaging, 50 outgoing international text. Thing is, i just activated the sim like moments ago and i already have 5 used outgoing text. How did that happened?

34 REPLIES 34

@Elleey13 wrote:

If should work. I use my phone for travels on any country providers and works just fine. 

Nothing anywhere else matters. Do YOU wish to do what all is needed to get YOUR phone to work HERE? Whatever "all" means?

It seems you just want to complain that it isn't simple plug and play. Sometimes life is like this. With this kind of low budget self serve kinda place you sometimes just have to be a little more hands-on to go on to enjoy saving money.

I'm on the same plan. Couldn't be happier.

Elleey13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is FACTORY UNLOCKED. IT WAS BOUGHT STRAIGHT FROM THE APPLE STORE. NOT FROM ANY PROVIDERS IN A CONTRACT.

@Elleey13, just because your phone is factory unlocked, it doesn't mean it isn't compatible here at Public Mobile.  Coming from the Apple store in the US also doesn't mean it will work here.  There are different models of iPhones, and some may still not work on this network.

However, as you've said your phone has sent messages, it is at least partially working on this network.

Knowing your specific model number will tell us if it is compatible with Public Mobile.  Chatr has currently the 2G band can be used for voice calls, but Public Mobile does not.  If this is the case, your phone will not work here for voice communications.  2G networks only exist in Canada on the Rogers (Chatr is owned by Rogers) and Freedom Mobile networks.

@CalgaryBen, you're an iPhone God around here - Any suggestions for this new subscriber?

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Given that this is an iPhone 6S from the US, it is likely compatible with all North American carriers.  Given that it worked on Chatr, it has a GSM radio (and not CDMA only, which would only be good for Verizon/Sprint).  So, good on that front.

@Elleey13 what is at the upper left corner?  "Public Mobile LTE", or "No Service", or something else?  Can you report what you see under Settings --> General --> About --> Carrier?  It should show up as Public Mobile 35.0 (assuming you've upgraded to iOS 12.1.x).  For good measure, could you do a network reset: Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings --> (passcode if prompted) --> Reset Network Settings (to confirm).

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Elleey13 We're sorry to read you're experiencing issues with your text messages, and we're here to help! Could you send us a private message with all the details of your issue by clicking here?

Need Help? Let's chat.