cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 outgoing international text

Elleey13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! Since i got a company phone, i’ve decided to get just the $10 plan which include a 50minuts talk, unli incoming text messaging, 50 outgoing international text. Thing is, i just activated the sim like moments ago and i already have 5 used outgoing text. How did that happened?

34 REPLIES 34

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Elleey13 We're sorry to read you're experiencing issues with your text messages, and we're here to help! Could you send us a private message with all the details of your issue by clicking here?

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Given that this is an iPhone 6S from the US, it is likely compatible with all North American carriers.  Given that it worked on Chatr, it has a GSM radio (and not CDMA only, which would only be good for Verizon/Sprint).  So, good on that front.

@Elleey13 what is at the upper left corner?  "Public Mobile LTE", or "No Service", or something else?  Can you report what you see under Settings --> General --> About --> Carrier?  It should show up as Public Mobile 35.0 (assuming you've upgraded to iOS 12.1.x).  For good measure, could you do a network reset: Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings --> (passcode if prompted) --> Reset Network Settings (to confirm).

@Elleey13, just because your phone is factory unlocked, it doesn't mean it isn't compatible here at Public Mobile.  Coming from the Apple store in the US also doesn't mean it will work here.  There are different models of iPhones, and some may still not work on this network.

However, as you've said your phone has sent messages, it is at least partially working on this network.

Knowing your specific model number will tell us if it is compatible with Public Mobile.  Chatr has currently the 2G band can be used for voice calls, but Public Mobile does not.  If this is the case, your phone will not work here for voice communications.  2G networks only exist in Canada on the Rogers (Chatr is owned by Rogers) and Freedom Mobile networks.

@CalgaryBen, you're an iPhone God around here - Any suggestions for this new subscriber?

Elleey13

My phone is FACTORY UNLOCKED. IT WAS BOUGHT STRAIGHT FROM THE APPLE STORE. NOT FROM ANY PROVIDERS IN A CONTRACT.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elleey13 wrote:

If should work. I use my phone for travels on any country providers and works just fine. 

Nothing anywhere else matters. Do YOU wish to do what all is needed to get YOUR phone to work HERE? Whatever "all" means?

It seems you just want to complain that it isn't simple plug and play. Sometimes life is like this. With this kind of low budget self serve kinda place you sometimes just have to be a little more hands-on to go on to enjoy saving money.

I'm on the same plan. Couldn't be happier.

Metal1967

@Elleey13 

Try the lost/stolen trick mentioned earlier...

If you've previously used this phone on Chatr, then it will not work with PM until you have it unlocked.

Elleey13

If should work. I use my phone for travels on any country providers and works just fine. 

Elleey13

No. My phone is factory unlock. My dad bought it from apple store in Chicago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elleey13 wrote:

6s plus. Well atleast didn’t get any issue with them. it’s not even about 2g or 3g. It’s the disturbing service that is the issue.

The lack of timely responses to the thousand questions put to you by a bunch of very helpful folks is what's disturbing.

Have you conducted the carrier update for the phone? I'm not an iphone guy so I'm not sure. iphone folks can be more helpful. But they've probably already gone due to your lack of responses.

@Elleey13 wrote:

6s plus. Well atleast didn’t get any issue with them. it’s not even about 2g or 3g. It’s the disturbing service that is the issue.

Is your phone still locked to Chatr or did you have it unlocked before you came to Public Mobile ?

Elleey13

@Elleey13 wrote:

Haven’t use any of the call time minutes yet. I was trying to phone but can’t. My cousin trying to ring but it wont connect. My location service is always off, now i can’t even turn it off. I already send message to the moderator. Haven’t got any response yet.

Here's a resource to confirm if your phone will work with PM..willmyphonework.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think @hairbag1 might have it.

Chatr uses old 2G GSM. Public Mobile uses 3G for voice.

What exact make/model phone do you have @Elleey13?

Are you using a phone that you brought from a different cell provider ? Could be your phone is locked to them. If so, you'll have to contact them for a free unlock code or buy one from an on-line provider.

Metal1967

@Elleey13 

Response from a moderator I believe can take up to 2 days ..try going in your self serve click on lost stolen tab report lost for 5 -10 minutes then click found...this gets things working for many users..

Elleey13

Haven’t use any of the call time minutes yet. I was trying to phone but can’t. My cousin trying to ring but it wont connect. My location service is always off, now i can’t even turn it off. I already send message to the moderator. Haven’t got any response yet.

@Elleey13 

Exact thing happened to my account when I activated my iphone 6.  About 10 outgoing texts within the first 24 hours. It stopped afterwards.  The moderator credited me back the 10 texts just for the first month after I contact them via private messaging.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elleey13 

Picking up on an earlier part of one of your posts...you can't call in or out? Have you used up your minutes too?

How long ago did you switch to this plan?

Maybe you could post a screenshot of your overview page so we can see what you have. Blank out personal info of course.

Also, try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

If you wish to be sparse with your texting then you need to turn these things off in the phone as already mentioned in all of the above.

Elleey13

I was with chatr same 50 canada wide talk and 50 text outgoing and incoming and this never happen. I only switch cause it says unli incoming. Just gonna get my chatr sim reactivated tonorrow. Right now i have like 15 outgoing used already and number isn’t activated yet. This is a pain in the rear already. Given that i have to pay for it without even using it.

Elleey13

I was with chatr same 50 canada wide talk and 50 text outgoing and incoming and this never happen. I only switch cause it says unli incoming. Just gonna get my chatr sim reactivated tonorrow. Right now i have like 15 outgoing used already. 

@Elleey13 wrote:

It’s using all the 50 outgoing already. I might just have to close it and activate new from a different provider. 

@Elleey13  Any other provider you go to will have the same issue if you go on their limited text plan. Your phone is going to send the exact same messages with every other company you go with. Either deal with your phones issue of sending texts, or go on a plan with unlimited text.

If you log-in to self serve and click “View My Usage” you will see the outgoing text and the number it was sent to.

The most common issue is both iPhones usually 474663 (iMessage/FaceTime) and usually 7723 Google (android) phones use SMS to set up things when you first sign up a new number / phone / provider / restart phone.

On Android remove “SMS” permissions from the dialer app which should be labelled as “Phone” in settings under app info or app permissions.

On iPhone you want to disable iMessage and FaceTime (before you insert the sim card or you may still be some sent) if you want to use iMessage and FaceTime there is no way around these messages being sent. It's not public mobile its Apple, complain to them if you want.

Settings -> Messages -> iMessage (Slide to the left so slider background is white)
Settings -> Messages > FaceTime (Slide to the left so slider background is white)

It has been suggested by chris32 here that 474663 is actually location sharing services on apple devices.

How to stop automatic messages.

After a couple of days I found the problem that cause sending messages in background on iPhone and It's not icloud our Android cloud.

Here, how to stop that:

Step #1 : From primary screen: Push on Setting >>> Privacy >>> Location services >>> System Services >>> Share My Location  = Put the button OFF

Step #2 : Go back to Location services (return) >>> Share my Location  = Put the button OFF.

Also send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your PIN & Phone number and explain what happened. If your plan is limited 50 texts and they were not done with you it is likely they will offset these messages. There is also a chance if someone sent you a message (even if you didn’t respond) your phone will send a “delivery confirmation” back without your knowledge that will count as 1 of your outgoing text. That should be disabled as well.

@Elleey13 wrote:

It’s using all the 50 outgoing already. I might just have to close it and activate new from a different provider. 

You've recieved several suggestions on how to proceed. If you've tried all of them, then you should send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. It could take a day or so for them to get back to you so please be patient. Let us know when and how your issue is fixed. Once things get working, you'll be glad you stayed with Public Mobile.

specialK

Elleey13

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should try if you havent yet.

Elleey13

Do i have to?

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you rebooted your phone?

Elleey13

My imessage and facetime at the moment aren’t working. I can’t receive and make a phone call too.. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
If it continues it could be one of the apps you have installed, some of them can send automatic texts if they've been given permission to.
Need Help? Let's chat.