cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 outgoing international text

Elleey13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! Since i got a company phone, i’ve decided to get just the $10 plan which include a 50minuts talk, unli incoming text messaging, 50 outgoing international text. Thing is, i just activated the sim like moments ago and i already have 5 used outgoing text. How did that happened?

34 REPLIES 34

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is normal. The most common issue is both iPhones usually 474663 (iMessage/FaceTime) and usually 7723 Google (android) phones use SMS to set up things when you first sign up a new number / phone / provider / restart phone.

On iPhone you want to disable iMessage and FaceTime (before you insert the sim card or you may still be some sent) if you want to use iMessage and FaceTime there is no way around these messages being sent. It's not public mobile its Apple

Settings -> Messages -> iMessage (Slide to the left so slider backround is white)
Settings -> Messages > FaceTime (Slide to the left so slider backround is white)

Also send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your PIN & Phone number and explain what happened.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

What phone are you using?

If android disable sms permissions from the dialer. Iphone something similar. 

It's to do with visual voicemail and or icloud. There are numerous threads. Will see if I can find one with more details. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You've experienced part of the set-up process. It shouldn't happen too much more once account set-up is compete. Welcome to PM.

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Elleey13 

Sometimes within the first 24 hours, it will attempt to send 9-12 texts. Usually, it will stop by itself.

As mentioned above, you could contact moderator to get adjustment if you are tight with your text allotment.

Need Help? Let's chat.