cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$50/40gb Canada/US 5G Roaming plan

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

Is this plan for Quebec residents only? Or do they just pay $5 less? 

I asked for clarification for a referral of mine and I'm wondering if I just got the wrong end of the stick? According to the CSA I have.....? Not a big deal I just want to confirm.

As per the CSA.....

Hello,

Please click on the link https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/40GB-5Gspeed1 and after go on Offer Details  and you will discover the fine print if you scroll down, respectively: >>⁺This plan is for Quebec residents only and intended for use in Quebec.<<

Thx!

13 REPLIES 13

@maximum_gato wrote:

Does anyone know the date these plans were offered? I thought they were available on August 4th but

@maximum_gato 

The $50/40GB 5G plan was available on August 3rd.  

It was first reported on the Community by @DennyCrane :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/50-40GB-Can-US-plan-now-is-5G-speed/m-p/1...

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It looks like the condion is for province-specific plans, and the fine print is intended for the listed single minuscule , since they likely an out of numbers and asterix to use. The condition doesn't look appealing from the outside looking in.

Screenshot_20230813_032720_Firefox.jpg

⁺This plan is for Quebec residents only and intended for use in Quebec.

@maximum_gato 

Yes I get it.😉

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Does anyone know the date these plans were offered? I thought they were available on August 4th but when I changed plans and reactivated my referral only the $55 plan was available. Since it was a complicated reactivation involving vouchers and a lower priced plan previously I just went with it.....but I haven't been able to co-ordinate a time to get the 2FA code to access the account and confirm what plan is in place on the account.

@maximum_gato- This is where the confusion is. Note the conspicuously missing detail.

dust2dust_0-1691906870902.png

So we wait for someone to get the plan, have no add-on data, use all the plan data and see if it keeps going. The other related factor is pre-existing add-on data. We wait to see what happens to those. The Canada-only 5G identifies the add-ons as incompatible. Will the roaming plan in relation to incompatible identifier.

@MetaMorpheusMob  so it seems it should still be unlimited data . But all the same if data is the important factor here the 50GB $50 is better option then the 40GB $50 CAN /US  plan 

@maximum_gato  I thought all 5G plans were unlimited . But it appears by the wording that some are not . So this still remains to be seen . Could be like the $15 plan not mentioning the unlimited incoming . So until we hear back from real life users  . I can only go by what’s the plans say in the description 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

Aren't all 5G plans unlimited? Throttled to 512kbps after plan data runs out?

Edit:

Oops no no intended.

@MetaMorpheusMob 

Nice catch.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@maximum_gato  It’s Canada wide plan . I’m in Nova Scotia and that’s plan available here too . But if it’s all about data ( teenagers) then there’s 50GB plan for $55 30 day 5G service or opt in for 90 day $150 up front 150GB 5G unlimited services . So that’s same price per month $50 with 30 extra GB over 90 days and unlimited data after that throttled to 512kbps 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is Grrrreat! 🐯🐈😀

That's what I thought.

@BKNS27 

It's all about the data. You know.....teenagers! 🤪

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@maximum_gato 

No this is Canada wide offer. 
Why don’t you get a TextNow SIM for free calling and texting without the need for WiFi?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@maximum_gato 

I'm seeing it as still available to me here in sunny BC...

save.jpg

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@maximum_gato , no that $50 Canada-US 40 GB, 5G speed plan is for everyone. It has been available for Us all for awhile (I forget exactly when). The fine print is wrong!

Edit: If I remember correctly @Priority has activated some people on that plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.