cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

jennabeau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan to the 4g from 3G over a week ago and I can no longer use my data. I can barley use IMessage or any apps on my phone. I wanted t to switch back to the 3G plan but it no longer exists. I have restarted my phone, reset my network setting and have taken o

10 REPLIES 10

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jennabeau  before you change it back to 3G plan, I think you still have days with the current 4G plan cycle, just open ticket with support and have them to check the account for you.  They can make it work

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If everything worked well on the 3G plan, the switch to a 4G plan should only make it better as you're still using the same network but with a higher speed limit. Since you've run into troubles, I suspect something may have gone wrong during the plan switch and you'll need to contact customer service to sort out their system for you.

jennabeau

Everything worked with 3G no issues. 

I do not have another phone to test it in. 

@jennabeau   Data worked before you change your plan from 3G speed plan to 4G speed plan?

do you have another phone to test the data and the sim card?  Putting your sim in another phone would force a sim re-provision and could resolve the data problem.  Please check if you have another phone to test

jennabeau

Safari and email do not work. apps never work and imessage will work at some point but only after I have tried to send the message multiple times. 

@jennabeau   but data generally works?  (like internet using Safari or email work?)

if it is an iMessage problem only, could be some settings problem with iMessage

jennabeau

My data is on. its touch and go. the apps never work but imessages I normally have to try and resend 4-5 times before they actually do. 

@jennabeau   LTE = 4G , just a different name by different phones

So, you cannot use data at all?  do you have data enabled? or do you have data disabled/enabled by app?  please check and confirm

E-iPhone_Data.png

jennabeau

I have over 10GB of data left. my phone still says LTE it never changed to 4G. I already reset all network settings and it didn't fix the problem. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jennabeau   you cannot the use the data, but did you login to My Account to confirm if you have any data left?

Please login My Account using Incognito mode first, check the overview page and see if any data left

Also, can you confirm your Preferred network type to LTE and not 5G?  Leaving it for 5G will actually cause problem.  

You might want to click Reset all networks and it should fix it (but please not that will also delete your saved Wifi, you just need to re-join the Wifi)

Let us know if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.