cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

miltondad2twins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When 5G has become standard for the Telus network will Public Mobile make 4G the standard for data speed?

7 REPLIES 7

@gpixel wrote:

@miltondad2twins companies want to get rid of HSPA+ by 2025. when that happens we will probably get a higher throttle cap or full LTE 

I'm no so sure. The only thing that Public Mobile would really have to would be to enable VoLTE.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@miltondad2twins companies want to get rid of HSPA+ by 2025. when that happens we will probably get a higher throttle cap or full LTE 

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@miltondad2twins 

It’s gonna be a long time before the 4G becomes faster with no restriction like there is now like what @gblackma has said.

We might only get 4G full when 6G is being deployed 

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I Dont think so yet , Big boys are ahead Bell , Rogers , etc and we are closer to bottom of the totem pole . 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@miltondad2twins wrote:

When 5G has become standard for the Telus network will Public Mobile make 4G the standard for data speed?

@miltondad2twins If you are talking 5G network wide I would be very surprised if any of the big companies will have it. The range of 5G is very short, I have read articles that say you will need an antenna every 250-500 meters, depending on what study you read or the building density. So outside of high density urban areas, downtown cores in smaller cities and large airports/venues, I would very surprised in the foreseeable future to see 5G as the network wide standard anywhere.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is hard to say.  PM is a third tier provider so hard to predict what they might change.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@miltondad2twins Public Mobile is 4g LTE throttled to 3mbts.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.