cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G speed not showing after switch

esaad86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long does it take after switching to the 4G plan to get 4G speeds? I switched my plan a short while ago, restarted my phone several times but still getting throttled speeds.

11 REPLIES 11

700Wildcat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got the upgrade done an hour ago, will give it a bit of time before I open a ticket.  Doing the upgrade plan was bad enough when you have auto pay.  The current system only works if you prepay new plan amount and then use the Bot.

HI @700Wildcat   If your wife is getting the high speed, then it is not a network issue in your area and would be an account problem.  

Open ticket with CS Agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

700Wildcat

One of our phones the updated speed showed within a few minutes, mine, nope, updated plan showing but not the speed.

@esaad86 wrote:

Is there a source that states this? I would assume if it states that the plan will switch over immediately and I pay for the new plan and it's showing in my account that it would work immediately no?

This is the way it has always been here  There used to be disclaimer on the plan change page about this.Also, new customers get LTE speeds for the first 48 hours after initial activation. Plan changes to plans of different speeds take 48 hours to take effect.

esaad86

Is there a source that states this? I would assume if it states that the plan will switch over immediately and I pay for the new plan and it's showing in my account that it would work immediately no?

@esaad86 

The speed  won't change until about 48 hours later.

esaad86

I put it to change immediately, still running speedtests showing throttled speeds. It's been about an hour now.

chrisswalton

I have the same problem and I made my changes immediate and it reflects in the portal that I'm on the 4G plan but still have 3G speeds after multiple reboots as well. Please help. 

esaad86

Yes, plan shows in the account, I put it to switch immediately.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esaad86 Hi did you change plan immediately or for next renewal date

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@esaad86   does it show the new plan on My Account after you switched?

Need Help? Let's chat.