cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/Month Canada-US vs. 90 days

ChronicArthriti
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I selected the current $40/month CANADA-US  promotion currently on the subscription plans page and was given two options: 75gb/mo or 225gb/90 days.

When the 225gb/90 days is selected, it does NOT include the US, but Canada only. Is this by design or a system glitch?

1000025713.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I recall someone else posting this as well, and being in the 90 day version but it not including the US. I think it's a glitch, as the website doesn't say this plan has a 90 day option.

I would strongly advise against the 90 day option, as there is no savings, you're committed to 90 days, and you have to front the full 90 days in one payment. And most of all, there is risk you won't get US coverage.

Przemek

Support was helpful and made the change to the 30-Day CAN-US plan. But do keep in mind that these promotional plans are not available in 90 days and selecting that option will subscribe you to a different plan. Thank you PM support.

Przemek

I'm currently in the midst of this whole debacle. I tried following the same process to see if I had missed any fine print or notification, but there's nothing that warns you that you will experience a plan change if you choose the 90 day. 

You could almost label this as a form of false advertising... sigh.

Will update this thread, once I hear back from support.

Markaps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Strange how you can pick a "past promotion".

@ChronicArthriti  I would push back on that and ask them to switch you to the 30 days Canada/US.  It is misleading for sure.

@ChronicArthriti  Wow ok I’m shocked that’s definitely misleading . But all I would do is just make plan change to the 75GB $40 that you have selected in your screen shot . And confirm the plan change for next renewal so you don’t lose money in your current cycle . Thanks for sharing and clarification on that offer 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@ChronicArthriti   I would ask customer service to clarify.  Since there is no cost savings, if it does include the US in the 90 days then a plus might be that you can concentrate your usage at some point if you are going to the US and might need more data while there, since you get 90 days worth of data that doesn't expire until the end.

If the chatbot/message icon bottom right doesn't allow you to submit a ticket then send a private message to customer service using this link 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

ChronicArthriti

Interesting, I ended up getting this as I really wanted the US plan as well. I contacted support and they claim it is not a glitch, that the 225Gb selection is a "past promotion".....

I am now stuck with this non-US plan by selecting the 90 days and support refuses to correct the issue. 

It doesn't make sense that you would select the Canada-US plan on the front page, on your cart it gives you the option for 30 days/90 days, but the 90 days doesn't have the US plan and it does not indicate that anywhere when you're paying. Only after you've paid and receive your invoice.

This is very very misleading.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ChronicArthriti  That’s strange I think it’s a glitch . but truth be told the 90 day not worth it as it’s not saving you any money . It’s still $40 a month . So unless it’s was going to be $5 cheaper per 30 days to take the 90 day option . I see no point in going for the 90 day option in  this very case even if it did include the US portion part 

Need Help? Let's chat.