cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/30GB flash sale plan

MinRen61
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just joined public mobile last week and currently on the $39/20GB LTE plan.

I see you guys have the $40/30GB 5G plan right now and since I've just subscribed last month, is it possible that I can switch over to this plan?

Thank you for understanding

@CS_Agent 

13 REPLIES 13

Sadly nobody from Public Mobile monitors these forums unless there's a serious issue that's reported by a member or an Oracle. 

Dave31

Probably right but still think it’s unfair maybe a moderator could give a response as to why?

I would say it's that $1 loyalty discount you've been getting for the first 5 years? 

Dave31

Couldn’t agree more been with public mobile for 7 years now and giving new members a better deal what happened to loyalty?

@Chopstickboy  It’s just for the 30GB $40 that’s flash new activation plan . You can get the new 40GB for $45 deal thou as existing customer 

Chopstickboy

I'm with public mobile since 2016

Public mobile used to allowed people to change they promotions plan for both existing customers and new activation. Sadly they changed their policy for new activation only.

sean-k

If you're already on the $39 4G plan, this new, "not available to you" plan is a slap in the face to existing customers. Here's a fun fact: Koodo has a $39 4G, 20 GB plan that has a better voicemail option than Public.

Why do Canadian providers focus on getting new customers rather than keeping their current customers from switching providers? It's because they value growing customer base over retaining customers. The result is that, if you want a good plan, you have to keep playing provider whack-a-mole. Well, there's a new mole that just popped up. Swing away!

SW2363

I activate my card 4days ago and now you telling me there's a $40 5g plan? Thats not fun😒

Edit: Quick update, I asked the customer support and they help me change to this plan, just need to deduct the used data on new plan. Thats awesome😆

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hi @Dunkman 

Couldn't the just sign up for a new account, the one they want, keep the current account active and then port the number from the plan he no longer wants? I'm asking for educational purposes. 

@Chalupa_Batman 

Unfortunately, can't port from one Public mobile account to another Public mobile account.  Need to port out to a different mobile company and then port back if OP wants to keep the same phone number.  If he does not care about the number, just activate a new account and let the original account go into suspended mode (turn off pre-authorized payments). 

@Chalupa_Batman- Answering for a friend. 🙂 It's very much your mileage may vary depending on which agent and the mood they're in and how one asks them. It's actually not accepted practice for them to do so but there have been rare stories from people that they have done so.

Hi @Dunkman 

Couldn't the just sign up for a new account, the one they want, keep the current account active and then port the number from the plan he no longer wants? I'm asking for educational purposes. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MinRen61  Sorry that new plan is only for new activations . Not existing customers 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@MinRen61 

Unfortunately, this flash promo plan is only for new activations.  Existing customers are unable to switch to this plan.  

You could activate a new account with a new number if you wanted this plan.  Another option (expensive and time consuming) is to port your number out to another company and activate a new account and port back. 

Need Help? Let's chat.