cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3x bouns points continue after switching to new 90 day plan?

tsunami604
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

Friend is currently receiving 3x bonus points from promo last fall. Currently on 30 day plan. Will switching to new 90 day promo plan continue to receive 3x bonus points?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

it's a loss for members with high rewards... going from a 30 day plan to a 90 day plan converts ones account to where PM has control of the rewards. the account will only balance itself out if one receives the 3 months rewards when switching back to a 30 day plan or if one is leaving. and if one is leaving then those rewards are at a loss... we already have evidence of one member not receiving those 3x rewards when switching from a 90 day to a 30 day. 

even with receiving referral rewards every 30 days. the loss is because one has to invest money upfront. so yes there is a 2 months loss because we only get 1 months reward and not 3. don't worry about explaining how it's fair because we are only on a 30 day plan. yes we know... my explanation is where the loss is for the customer. if one does the math it's clear as day

Now, I hope people understand going from 30 days to 90 days plan, the rewards they got is the 30 days.  It is hard to convince them that is is correct, many still believe they loss 2 months rewards out of it

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

And day 893 is a long time to wait considering also that more years of loyalty would get added on while waiting. 🙂 That's some convoluted math needed there. 🙂

Adding - and once again, what is presented as proper is found to be different in reality. Or of course YMMV.

@Luddite 

Fron experience, those on legacy rewards only have autopay rewards paid every 90 days .  RAF rewards are being paid every 30 days, but surprisingly, so are loyalty rewards.

@dust2dust   @softech  Latest word:

Community

Refer a Friend

Points Back/ATU

Anniversary/Loyalty

Public Points

Monthly, when the rewards are processed

1 point/30 days. Applied on day 30

5% of any payments made

10 points every 12 months

Legacy Rewards

Monthly, when the rewards are processed

$1/30 days

Applied on day 30, 60, 90

$6/90 days applied on day 89

$3/90 days applied on day 89

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

I think it's either going to be rewards every 30 days even with the 90 day plan or 2 months will be missed and after the first 90 day cycle the 3x rewards will begin. 

90 day plans are basically reversing the funds in favor of PM. where at the end, switching back to a 30 day plan should technically balance itself out. however, hearing from an oracle that did not happen 😂

@will13am wrote:

@softech wrote:

@will13am   we have been talking about rewards on legacy , supposed to get it at the end of the 3 months 

just for regular points (not the 3x from activation), I wonder if they get the points right away after switching over to  90 days plan.   If that is the case, maybe extra 2x point will come couple days later just like on the 30 days plan?  If so, if people changed over to 90 days, and if they don't see the 2x extra points in a week, maybe that confirms the 3x from activation will be gone after a plan change?

Apart from $ vs points, not sure how the two systems would receive different treatment otherwise.  I was supposed to get feedback this week from CSAs.  Still waiting...

I hope that you're given the same answer that I was. Otherwise, there will be even more questions and confusion.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I finally found the old terms for the 3x promo. Whichever date you activated would be the relevant date if you got the promo. Interestingly, it doesn't say changing plans would lose the promo.
-----------
Offer current as of July 13, 2022. Offer available to new customers who activate at Public Mobile. Offer provides 15% points-back for 12 months on eligible purchases on your plan or add-ons. Offer subject to change, and may be removed at any time. 15% points-back applies only to customer spend on plan renewals and add-ons, and is not applicable to any other method of earning points (such as welcome present points, give back points, refer-a-friend, anniversary, etc.). Offer is applied as a 10% points-back bonus on top of the current in-market points-back offer of 5%. After the 12-month period, the 15% offer will be removed, and customer will revert to the in-market points-back offer, which is currently 5%.

Points bonus will automatically be applied separately from the regular 5% points-back to eligible purchases within 4-5 business days. Points bonus will expire if the account is deactivated.

As of August 16, 2022, 1 Public point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. By redeeming 15 points, you can save $15 off the price of your phone bill, applied to your next renewal. Minimum redemption of 15 points required to receive a bill credit. Public Points have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash or any other benefits except under the Program.
This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

tsunami604
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's unfortunate there is no clarity. The problem is if they switch now, and lose the 3x points, they would be taking a lost. It will be too late and unable to switch back.  

@softech wrote:

@will13am   we have been talking about rewards on legacy , supposed to get it at the end of the 3 months 

just for regular points (not the 3x from activation), I wonder if they get the points right away after switching over to  90 days plan.   If that is the case, maybe extra 2x point will come couple days later just like on the 30 days plan?  If so, if people changed over to 90 days, and if they don't see the 2x extra points in a week, maybe that confirms the 3x from activation will be gone after a plan change?

Apart from $ vs points, not sure how the two systems would receive different treatment otherwise.  I was supposed to get feedback this week from CSAs.  Still waiting...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tsunami604 , I have checked with support and I did not receive a definitive response.  I think it is a wait and see for the first cycle.  Thereafter, the uncertainty goes away.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @tsunami604   I think I saw this asked but I don't see an answer.  Please submit a ticket with CS agent directly:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tsunami604 

honest answer, we do not know.

I think we saw it saying no. 

But best to ask PM support and ask them to escalate and get the answer from senior support

Please message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.