cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G reliability when it comes to Pokerstars lol

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hi all,

I know you wont notice a big difference if you are doing the usual like browsing, emails and social media.....and I know you might see an issue with streaming/downloading large files.

BUT is there anyone out there who plays poker on their mobile device? If so, did they notice a significant difference between playing poker on their mobile phone with LTE and 3G. 

Or is it too unreliable for doing so?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

There is no issue with poker, unless its all video streaming poker games.

Great, thanks guys. Gives me a little peace of mind on that front.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JL9 wrote:

Hi all,

I know you wont notice a big difference if you are doing the usual like browsing, emails and social media.....and I know you might see an issue with streaming/downloading large files.

BUT is there anyone out there who plays poker on their mobile device? If so, did they notice a significant difference between playing poker on their mobile phone with LTE and 3G. 

Or is it too unreliable for doing so?

Thanks.

I play it, and it's fine. I don't see any difference from when I was on Telus LTE  

GC 

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are close enough to a tower, reliability, ether in 3G or LTE, will not be a problem.  Programs like that do not use that much bandwidth, and you will still get the LTE latency advantages, even when throttled to 3G speeds.  I am confident, you will do just fine with that app and any of Public Mobile's data plans.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Hi JL9,

I haven't exactly played poker but I know a person who had a 4G plan and switched to Public Mobile 3G plan. He uses Netflix and other video watching (YouTube) and says the speed is quite okay. He sees a difference definitely but it's okay since he doesn't want to see YouTube videos in the highest definition (after all its a small screen mobile device).

I have played Sudoku on my Public Mobile 3G plan and I don't see any problem; it runs smoothly. Playing poker I believe should be similar since both are more or less board games and I think you'll be fine; what really is comparable is something like a car racing game where lots of network egress is involved.
Need Help? Let's chat.