cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$39 - 60GB Can/US Promo - Ends Apr 9 - *******PSYCH! ends end of day Apr 8********

ExiledFrmPublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wanted to switch over to PM, was in the process of it yesterday, got busy and figured I'd have time to finish it off today. At time of writing, it is 10:47AM local time and PM is giving me the middle finger, Error code XXX  on resuming activation and all prices are changed. Since when in the **** did anyone  on the planet consider sale dates NOT inclusive of the end date? Completely pissed off. Guess I'm sticking with robbers, thanks PM.

9 REPLIES 9

Jormungandr

PM can't even bother to compete in the market.  All PM does now is just finding new and inventive ways pi55ing off clients. 

RefugeefromPM

Why have simple things become so complicated.

A day is 24 hours.

A day end at 11:59 PM close to midnight.

So the day of an online sale is until the end of that time, unless otherwise specified 

that said try to get your order in days before you see it, or else many hours before

ExiledFrmPublic

I wouldn't really call it different needs. Everyone needs cell service and data is dependent on the person. Canada must honestly rank #1 in developed countries with the absolute worst price in the world. It's painful hearing what people overseas pay for telecom. The fact that we have the *illusion* of like 9 or so players in the field now and things haven't really shifted much. 

found out online when I was comparing plans. A good priced US included plan. Didn't get anything as I couldn't restore the session that was stored in their system as the trace to the, as of today, non-existent plan just 404's the connection. 

ExiledFrmPublic

The previous deal was attractive to me because it included US calling and data aspects to it. Removing that to add on 25% more data that I'll never use isn't really better. I could never even comprehend how I'd use 75GB of data, lol. Not to mention that only eSim is mentioned to be free, so I guess that means a physical SIM isn't.. Etc. 

HI @ExiledFrmPublic 

yes, PM model is different from other mobile carrier.  I guess there are different ones that suit people with different needs

Curious, how you find out PM ?  and what made you decide to come ? you got a physical sim card or tried to activate esim?

ExiledFrmPublic

It can be like the first minute of that day but it is *horrifically* bad business practice and you will literally never see this in retail and if you do, should never give them your service again. Imagine if you had a flyer for Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, Bestbuy, Walmart, Superstone, LITERALLY ANY RETAIL, and go in to purchase on the last day of the last day effective on that flyer, only to have them say "Sorry, the sale actually ended before we opened our doors today" - They would never be getting another penny from me, forever. 

Not that you said it, but I don't want to hear that companies reserve the right to end the sale whenever and all of that stuff either. Proper companies will go out of their way to keep a customer and again, its bad business practice to do stuff like yeeting a sale before its finished and it's really telling how much a company values you if they do it. This isn't a physical product that sells out or a finite resource, there is literally no reason to not honor that price til end of day or end of operation on that day, unless they're just really anxious to roll in the garbage value plans that you can get with any other flanker carrier. 

Paquin33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Check again. My boyfriend passed the deadline too but the end result is really not so bad 😛 The differents deals had changed since yesterday, but they are even better right now! So maybe give it a try and check it out...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ExiledFrmPublic 

we were wondering about the day too.  But it is true that when it says until a date, it can be before that day and not including that day.

Check with agent and see what they say

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ExiledFrmPublic 

good point...today is April 9th until midnight ! I suggest you message Customer Support to plead your case...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.