cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$35 3G Plan

JohnE23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello All,

A month ago I signed on to the $35 3G Plan. This was set up that you received 2.5Gb of data and an additional 0.5Gb if you went on auto-pay. There was also  2Gb Bonus data a month added as long as the account was active. Needless to say, a great deal!  Today while checking on my account I noticed the plan was 3Gb of data which aligned with the new $35 3G plan. Is that it? Did PM just change my plan and now there's no more 2Gb monthly bonus for keeping the account active? All help is appreciated!  Thank you!

John

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gooners 

This appears to be a glitch with the new self serve accounts. Previously a recurring monthly plan data bonus appeared under "my promotions" with its own data counter and length of promotion counter ranging from 3 months to 24 months or "unlimited". Unlike all other data counters (plan or add on) it would remain even if the entire bonus alottment had been consumed (ie. 2048/2048mb).

I noticed when the new accounts were revealed that both plan data and add on data counters remained on the account once completely consumed as I happened to use all of my plan data in my last 30 day cycle and I had finally depleted my 1gb  bonus data add on. Unlike before not

th remained on my account albeit completely consumed. Upon renewal the bonus 1gb data add on disappeared and my plan data counter reset.

One of my referrals has a bonus recurring monthly plan data bonus and it disappeared....presumably because he consumed it but unlike the previous 30 day cycle where it's data counter remained on the account. I opened a ticket because at the time when I added up his daily usage it appeared he had only used approximately 3gb so I was concerned it had not reset properly or disappeared on a July 13th along with the old self serve accounts...? He did end up using all of his data....I just miscounted two data usage entries........ that were listed 1.44GB and 1.78GB as MB . We just have to wait for renewal to see if the promo bonus data returns with a reset data counter?

Gooners

I understand PM offering lower fees in exchange for self-service and minimal customer service. However the issues I am having with PM is their online usage history does not match their backend operation. I am getting out of data issue when my online usage is showing well within the limit. If PM can't even get the basics of reporting usage correctly for me to track; how on earth do you expect users to track their data/voice usage. This is the basic requirement. The CS agent is not that helpful imo, they said they will investigate and open a ticket and is waiting and waiting and offers no help in the meantime. 

Reporting accurate usage history is a very basic requirement. If PM can't even get that right; this shows how much this company cares about their customers.

@Gooners wrote:

I am waiting for them to get back to me on the compensation. I paid out of pocket to get more data the 1GB for $15. Likely, I'll just get credit for that towards my next bill.

TBH, dealing with the non-existence customer service is not that great if you have issues. I'm thinking of switching to like Koodo/Fido with the BTS plan. For a few bucks more, I get more reliable service, more data and accurate usage reporting online.

@Gooners  - 

PM is a self managed place around here. If you don't look after your own stuff, no one else likely will. 

Keep at the customer support agent(s), or any other one that may have responded to you. If you have not heard back within a day, respond back to inquire. 

Gooners

I am waiting for them to get back to me on the compensation. I paid out of pocket to get more data the 1GB for $15. Likely, I'll just get credit for that towards my next bill.

TBH, dealing with the non-existence customer service is not that great if you have issues. I'm thinking of switching to like Koodo/Fido with the BTS plan. For a few bucks more, I get more reliable service, more data and accurate usage reporting online.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gooners 

Thanks for your imput on your experience. Can you use it but not see it or its just gone? Have they compensated you for it?

Gooners

I have the exact same issue. Had to go through numerous email exchange with customer agent : CS_Agent to get this resolved and they said it will re-appear on my next renewal date. It is very frustrating that they can't get a system upgrade work properly. An upgrade is more like a downgrade. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JohnE23 

Did you just go thru renewal? Do you no longer see the 2gb of bonus data under promotions when you scroll down the page? If not then there may be a glitch as a few people have reported their promo data missing upon renewal as well. Contact customer support to investigate and restore it to your account.

Screenshot_20220805-051904.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JohnE23  - the 3GB is the $35 plan, yes.

If you activated with a additional 2GB promo and you don't see it now, try clearing your browser's cache or log into your account by opening a tab in incognito mode first. Then do you see it?

There is also a refresh button (circle with arrow at the end), does that help show you anything more?

Try calling 611 from your device to see if what is showing left in data to use on your account matches what is saying you have remaining to use. I'd be interesting to see if it tells you this through 611 but not on My Account.

If still not seeing that promo ask CSA about why.

Methods to submit tickets to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA) found here: 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.