cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$34/50GB promotion end date

nomnom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. I read the offer details and couldn't find the expiry date of this promotion. Does anyone have any idea?

2. I have one of my friend is on vacation in a different country in Asia. Is it possible for them to port to Public Mobile and sign up for eSIM?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

PM_5G
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for catching that will have to let my referrals know!

@nomnom 

this plan has only been available to new accounts until recently when PM opened it to new and existing customers. Existing customers would likely need to purchase the hard sim, if they need one. Otherwise...get this plan while you can. Nobody knows how long it'll be available to all.

nomnom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

FYI, for new activations, this offer is getting better as they can now get physical SIM for free as well

image.png

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@nomnom wrote:

1. I read the offer details and couldn't find the expiry date of this promotion. Does anyone have any idea?

A. Nobody really knows when this deal will expire. It could end tomorrow, it could end on Friday. Public Mobile has always been a mystery.

2. I have one of my friend is on vacation in a different country in Asia. Is it possible for them to port to Public Mobile and sign up for eSIM?

A. The only way, in my opinion, I don't think he can sign up from Asia. You may have to sign up for him here. Here's the problem. You'd need his phone for the eSIM. SO, with that being said, here's my advice. If you want to get this for your friend, here's what you do. You put it in his name. You use his email to sign up. You use YOUR credit card to pay for the first month or two until he returns. Put everything in his name and home address and such. When he returns, you can replace your credit card with his and let him take over the account. He can then change the password and everything should be fine. You should order a physical SIM card to start. When he returns, he can purchase the eSIM to replace the card.

Anyone object?

Thanks

Good Evening @nomnom - Look above for my answer.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nomnom 

- No one knows when the promo expires but there are new promos about every month.

- Your friend needs to be in Canada with the PM app to subscription to PM.

You could subscribe for them on your phone using their email and CC information. If they are porting their number…you will need their SIM or their can pick a new number.

It is probably best that they return to Canada and subscribe.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nomnom 

1. if you went when will the promotion ends, sorry, PM usually don not have an advertised end date for most promotion, and they don't have one this time, too.  So, it can end anytime.  Get it while you can

2. Do they need to port in number?  But activation requiring using the PM app.  I think it is doable, but defintely eaiser if they activate while they are back in Canada

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

These offers are limited time. No dates provided.  While it last. I'm sure they will post again in a few weeks if removed.

No roaming service outside Canada so no they will not be able to until back in Canada. 

Need Help? Let's chat.