cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$34 50GB US/Canada Plan

Banja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good Evening.
I just switched to the $34 50GB US/Canada plan.  The change is supposed to take place next billing cycle. I was going to recommend the same plan to my father but I wanted to make sure that I understand the plan correctly before I advise him.  Does this mean that I can use the 50 GB of data in Canada or US without incurring additional roaming charges while in US?  Also can I call and text both US and Canada while travelling in the US?  I have attached a screen shot of the plan for convenience.

Banja_0-1714961990654.png

5 REPLIES 5

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There is no such thing as roaming or usage charges on Public Mobile. If you haven't paid for a feature, it simply will not work.

@Zupana we can connect to any T-MOBILE and At&T network (2G/4G/5G).  However, we generally ask people to connect on the 4G (LTE) network as the 5G network is less stable a.d harder to connect 

Zupana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

One other clarification please. I saw a thread that warning this plan only works in the usa in the 5G network which would limit access to only the bog centres. I am concernedI wont have service, voice or data, otherwise when travelling outside these big cities. Will the pla. Not accept other methods like LTE or 4G then? Thanks Andy

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Banja - Yes, you can use 50GB in Canada or the USA. You will though receive an SMS encouraging you to get a Roaming package, so just ignore that.

Here is calling:

CategoryUSA roamingCanada
Calling to American number for free?YesYes
Calling Canada for free?YesYes

So yes, free calling, no roaming limit like most other carriers, and free texting in both countries.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Banja 

yes, the Canada-US roaming plan allows you to use data/voice/text service when you are US just like you are home.  You just need to enable mobile roaming data and connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T to use the service

There is no maximum data limit for roaming other than your plan limit of 50GB

You can call US and Canada while you are in US, and you can call US for free while you are in Canada as well

Need Help? Let's chat.