cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$30 promo with 1GB data

Rob2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for the $30 promo with 1GB data a few months ago.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/promotions/30for1GB-3G (link no longer active)

I am being charged $32 and then $30 with auto pay.

I don't recall  seeing anything about $32 when  looking on the original promo offer.

I thought it would be $30 and then $28 with auto pay.

Since the original link no longer works i'm just wondering if anyone can verify what the rate should be.. I have checked with the moderators and they are calling it a $32 plan.

Has anyone else had the same experiece ?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately Public Mobile isn't consistent with the way they display plans.  Some prices already reflect AutoPay, while others do not.  You basically have to look for the fine print.

For example, looking at the current plans, the only one I see with AutoPay assumed is the $45/30 days 2GB LTE plan:autopay.gif

All others have no mention of AutoPay, so presumably will be discounted by $2 if you add a credit card and enrol in AutoPay.

I really wish Public Mobile was more consistent in how plans are presented!

In all honesty, I don't remember if this fine print was there when I signed up; I was prepared to go on the $35/30 plan, so getting anything lower was an unexpected bonus.  I'm happy with my $32/30 ($30 with AutoPay), aside from it being provice-wide talk only.  But then, I've bought an add-on and only used 1 minute over the last 5 months, so I actually have no need for anything more than that!

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rob2 wrote:

Yes, My Plan $32 per 30 Days since day 1.

Again, as far as I can recall,there was no mention of $32 on the original promo offer that I saw.

I quess its like picking am item off the shelf with a price tag of  $30.

Then it comes up $32 at the check out ?

PM often advertises the plans 2 dollars less than they actually are but, then when you read the fine print it says with auto pay already activated 

Rob2

Yes, My Plan $32 per 30 Days since day 1.

Again, as far as I can recall,there was no mention of $32 on the original promo offer that I saw.

I quess its like picking am item off the shelf with a price tag of  $30.

Then it comes up $32 at the check out ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rob2

I did a quick search on this forum and found a post by @CalgaryBen in this thread.

You are being billed correctly by PM. It was a $32/30days 1GB plan.

@CalgaryBen said 3 weeks ago,

Here's hoping that such a promo was "leaked" prematurely (kind of reminds me of when McDonald's accidentally leaked images of the iPhone X).

I got in on the $30/30 day 1GB plan in March this year (Actually it's $32/30 days, but with auto-pay it's $30), and I've been keeping my eyes open for a return of the plan, but hopefully with Canada-wide calling (mine was province-wide only, which generally suits me fine).

No competitors currently have anything similar to the $30 1GB plan, so I wouldn't hold my breath right now... but you never know! 😉

popping

@Rob2 wrote:

My billing shows,

"My Plan $32 per 30 Days"

so this is my question. As mentioned, I don't recall anything about $32 on the original promo advertisement. It is advertised as $30 promo with 1GB data, but I an being billed $32.

I have friends on $25 plans and pay $25

Sorry, my guess was wrong. 

Is "My Plan $32 per 30 Days" on your account since day 1?

I joined PM after that $30/1GB promo.  Someone knowing more about that promo will help you.

Rob2

This is all before taxes.

Rob2

My billing shows,

"My Plan $32 per 30 Days"

so this is my question. As mentioned, I don't recall anything about $32 on the original promo advertisement. It is advertised as $30 promo with 1GB data, but I an being billed $32.

I have friends on $25 plans and pay $25

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Rob2  Did you factor in taxes? What does it say for your plan and in my account history ? Is it approx $32? Or? Can you take a  breakdown screen shot of https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/ and set it to last 6 months?

popping

@Rob2 wrote:

I signed up for the $30 promo with 1GB data a few months ago.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/promotions/30for1GB-3G (link no longer active)

I am being charged $32 and then $30 with auto pay.

I don't recall  seeing anything about $32 when  looking on the original promo offer.

I thought it would be $30 and then $28 with auto pay.

Since the original link no longer works i'm just wondering if anyone can verify what the rate should be.. I have checked with the moderators and they are calling it a $32 plan.

Has anyone else had the same experiece ?

Thanks

When you add ON HST 13% to $28, it will be $31.64

If you live east of ON, adding 15% to $28, it will be $32.20

Need Help? Let's chat.