cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$30 Add On USA Plan for 15 days

Kate1964
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be visiting the USA (from Canada) for one week.  If I purchase the $30 add-on plan for U.S. calling and texts, what exactly does this enable me to do?  The description provides conflicting information:  

Unlimited Canada-wide minutes include calls made and completed within Canada. Roaming applies outside of Canada. Long distance rates apply to calls made from Canada to outside Canada.

International picture and text messaging includes text messages that are sent from or received in Canada. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages, and texts sent while roaming outside of Canada.

Whether in Canada or the US, this plan includes unlimited calling, text, picture and video and messaging to phone numbers within and between Canada and the US. Data can be used in both Canada and the US!!!

So, will I be able to make calls and send texts from the USA to family in Canada?    

Many Thanks to anyone who can verify these details, Kate1964

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kate1964 

Yes, the $30 USA Roaming allows you to make calls, text and 3gb of data for 15 days.

If you don’t need data, you can get the $15 for calling and texting for 15 days.

When you are down in the USA, change your cellular network settings on T-Mobile or AT&T network.

IMG_0126.png

Once the 15 days runs out, you can make a purchase after 24 hours so you can’t purchase ahead of time.

You might want to use WhatsApp or TextNow app for free calling and texting through WiFi (hotel wifi).

If you are in the Canada/USA plan, you don’t need to purchase the Roaming add-on.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Kate1964 

Everything in Canada works in the US as well. Additionally you can call Canada from the US. If its convenient and you can schedule a change plan on next renewal to one of the US Roaming plans (ie. $50/40gb) to use for your trip you will also be able to call the US from within Canada. This Canada/US Roaming plan offers much better value than your current plan plus the $30 US Roaming bundle. You can schedule a change of plan on next renewal back to your current plan as long as it's not been grandfathered.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kate1964 , the $30 US roaming add-on gives you 3GB data, unlimited talk and text that you can use when connected to a US roaming partner (T-Mobile preferred and AT&T).  For talk you really need to make sure your device is VoLTE enabled.  Without it, you are stuck with hoping that you can connect to T-Mobile 2G network while making a call.  In a nutshell that is pretty much it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.