cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2UV1 cannot make calls

Aoife92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried to make a local BC call and it is not working I am getting an engaged dial tone. I also tried a toll free number and I am receiving a error stating: "2UV1 all circuits are busy, please call later".

Why cannot I make these calls?

17 REPLIES 17

@softech oh I definitely don't know everything. But I work in the industry, so I hear things once in a while 😉

@darlicious wrote:

@shimdog 

Lol...no not yet its pretty much a huge disaster out here.

I would say making calls in BC should be lowest priority (unless it is emergency call!!).

As long as you guys from BC are safe, have gas, electricity and water (and roof above your heads) everything else is low priority.

@sheytoon how do you know everything???  😂🤣  We need you here more and give us all the insider news... 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I saw in the news. 

Hope you all are with your near and dear ones are doing well.

Internet services affected too or just the calling?

@shimdog 

Lol...no not yet its pretty much a huge disaster out here.

shimdog
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds like a service outage. I hope it's been resolved.

Aoife92

Thanks All

Aoife92

Thank

Aoife92

Thanks

There have been fiber cuts in BC due to recent flooding. Be patient, they are working to fix it all.

@Aoife92 

Between the explanation provided by @Nezgar  and the impact of many natural disasters currently affecting many parts of BC as mentioned by @0PX9O4 there is excess strain on the cell networks causing you to get this message or a busy signal.

Iristel, a major canadian national competitive local exchange carriers providers used by a very large number of VoIP and business services across Canada had two major outages today... still ongoing according to their status page:

https://status.iristel.com/

As an extension this is also affecting Microsoft's Canadian PSTN connectivity used for their O365/teams calling plans and dialin conferencing, here's the latest from their health:

November 15, 2021 6:22 PM
Title: Users aren’t receiving some inbound PSTN calls intermittently via any connection method in Microsoft Teams

User Impact: Users aren’t receiving some inbound Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) calls intermittently via Microsoft Teams.

More info: Users initiating PSTN calls to recipients served by the partner carrier service in Canada are also intermittently affected, as well as 1-to-1 calling, group calls, and voice application service.

Callers attempting to reach affected users or meetings via PSTN will intermittently receive a fast busy signal.

Users can still the use the Call Me feature to join affected meetings by PSTN by navigating to the meeting in Microsoft Teams and selecting the "Phone audio" option, then entering their phone number and selecting "Call Me."

Current status: We've made configuration changes to the affected phone numbers, and monitoring suggests that impact has been reduced. We're continuing to investigate the affected environment to determine strategies to further reduce or eliminate the remaining impact.

Scope of impact: Any user receiving PSTN calls from a specific partner carrier service in Canada are intermittently impacted.

So who knows... it does seem quite coincidental with the multiple major floods, highway washouts going on in BC that it seems possible it could have broken some major national connectivity lines....

Edit: ah seems I suspected wrong ... here's a bit more information I see from by another provider:

[239] Issue affecting incoming calls for CLEC Iristel

We have identified a problem affecting our inbound calls and are currently awaiting details from CLEC Iristel.

Update: 455 - 2021-11-15 19:44:04
We are informed that Iristel is the victim of a high-profile DDoS attack. While they have yet to respond with more details or update their network status page, we have had confirmation from their larger customers.

So DDoS related.... these atacks have been rolling across various large VoIP providers over the last month or so, voip.ms, bandwidth.com, Telnyx.... I guess Iristel is the latest...

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is some extreme flooding in parts of BC, and the entire town of Merritt has been evacuated as a result.

@Aoife92 

Hope you and everyone you know is safe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aoife92 : There are some outages going on. Heck...I just had to go get some cash to buy something at a dollar store because their card processing thingy was down. I overheard something about the cell system.

Maybe the monsoons pulled down some cell infrastructure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aoife92 

check the service outage TELUS Status 4 services impacted..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Aoife92 wrote:

I have tried to make a local BC call and it is not working I am getting an engaged dial tone. I also tried a toll free number and I am receiving a error stating: "2UV1 all circuits are busy, please call later".

Why cannot I make these calls?

@Aoife92 

Try manually selecting the 3G/WCDMA network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) and try that local call in BC again.

Does it work?

If not, can other people call the number?

AS for the toll free number, can you see if someone else can call it? Perhaps it is currently out of service, or lines are full.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aoife92

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

Need Help? Let's chat.