cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2GBBONUS didn't work - told to post here

migamume
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I tried using the promo code 2GBBONUS (I even have it emailed to the email I used for signing up).  The person helping me at the phone store made a call (to I am assuming a Public Mobile representative).  They told her to tell me to post here in the community. 

I am wondering how I can get that promo from here?

Thank you very much for your time!

Best regards,

Michelle

16 REPLIES 16

@Higginsra 

We are just fellow customers. You don't need to threaten to leave you just have to ask nicely. Pm is not like other providers where you have to immediately be on the defensive to get them to do something for you. And cancelling today would only harm you as there are no refunds for prepaid service.

Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen type account specific issue and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Higginsra

If I don't get bonus 2 Gb. I cancel my acct today

@Higginsra 

If you fulfilled the requirements then contact customer support and ask nicely if they will add the promo code 2GBBONUS.

Higginsra

I activated online.

Higginsra

I activated online not in store

Higginsra

@boghos15 wrote:

u got to use on plans 35+ so it works.

It appears that this customer activated at a store. This offer isn't valid for in-store activations.

boghos15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

u got to use on plans 35+ so it works.

@migamume 

Unfortunately whomever the salesperson called ( a manager?) was misinformed and should have known better. If a promocode can't be applied instore its because its not applicable. There is no phone support for public mobile not even for retailers.

You may have more success asking for the 6gb bonus that some retailers have been offering. The details have been a little vague but it does apply to plans $25+. Contact the moderators and explain your situation and how you were hoodwinked by the salesperson more interested in their commission than customer satisfaction. If they can or will not apply the 2GBBONUS promocode (it can coded that it won't be accepted) then ask if they can apply the 6gb promotion (1gb × 6 months?) to compensate you for an honest mistake. It's worth a try.....and If the retailer was London Drugs speak to  the manager about their customer satisfaction guarantee.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@migamume : It's always wise to read the fine print of these things. If they give it to you then they would be going against the terms of the promo and doing a very nice goodwill gesture for you. Otherwise, why bother with the terms.

migamume

Thanks, I just spoke to an agent, working on this with them now.

@migamume wrote:

The bonus was not successfully applied, but my account has been activated. Before activation, the person who helped me called someone and they told her to tell me to post here to get the bonus.  I was just at the store - it was activated less than 1/2 hour ago. 

That person help activated for you at the store?  You won't get the bonus. The bonus is only if you activaated at home.  Activated at home?  Open ticket for moderator to help by clicking on the chat bubble. Posting here only gets answers from customers. They don't work for Public Mobile.

migamume

The bonus was not successfully applied, but my account has been activated. Before activation, the person who helped me called someone and they told her to tell me to post here to get the bonus.  I was just at the store - it was activated less than 1/2 hour ago. 

Edit:  I can provide the store phone number so that someone can check who she spoke to.  I heard the outgoing call on speaker and it sounded like she was calling Public Mobile for sure.  

migamume

Hi there,

I tried using the promo code 2GBBONUS (I even have it emailed to the email I used for signing up).  The person helping me at the phone store made a call (to I am assuming a Public Mobile representative).  They told her to tell me to post here in the community. 

I am wondering how I can get that promo from here?

Thank you very much for your time!

Best regards,

Michelle

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@migamume 

According to terms and conditions, the 2GB data bonus is only applicable when you activate at home, online.  Not in store activations.  

Did you successfully activate in store?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

that  promo code 2GBBONUS only online Activate in store not working.

visit HERE and go to Terms and conditions,

• * Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus for a limited time. For a limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online. 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice.
Need Help? Let's chat.