cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible with this new site to change the number the 2FA is sent to like the alternate number on the account  ?

14 REPLIES 14

@Handy1 wrote:

Is it possible with this new site to change the number the 2FA is sent to like the alternate number on the account  ?

@Handy1 

Yes, there is an option for this.  Go into Self Serve's Profile area and then to Manage EverSafe ID and the arrow next to Phone Number.  Be careful not to confuse changing the phone numberr that the 2FA codes goes to compared to changing the phone numberr of the Public Mobile service.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @LitlLdy  are yo using Incognito browser? maybe that blocked the Trusted device

and after you entered code, check if the trusted device still checked.  I notice it could be uncheck somehow

@hTideGnow, after you asking I tried my browsers in regular mode & it didnt make a difference! Good suggestion though.

On my account it shows my trusted device for the browsers!

HI @LitlLdy  are yo using Incognito browser? maybe that blocked the Trusted device

and after you entered code, check if the trusted device still checked.  I notice it could be uncheck somehow

@hTideGnow  It not seems to be trusting my device as secure with out having to send to email 

@hTideGnow 

i've confirmed that Resend Code gives options, but what if someone doesn't want a text message sent in the first place?

@hTideGnow  Ok gonna try that then I’m sure the new change will be better ultimately but for now she’s sticky to navigate for me 

@hTideGnow, I have numerous times! I guess it doesnt like me since every time I select it I still get sent a code the next time!

Edit: Let me try again! Sorry, grumpy!

Edit again! For heavens sake! I see now I can get code to email! But still have to get code every time I sign in even though I select trusted device! Plus I am struggling to read & write messages here due to the characters are mixed with letters! So, difficult to decipher some!

HI @LitlLdy   just click Resend code and they will give you the choice

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Handy1 

i don't think so.  but you can use email to receive the code

and "Trusted device" so it sends only the first time

@hTideGnow, no option for me to sent to email & selecting trusted device didnt work for me either! Still send text to phone. So if someone cant receive the text cant sign on to pay bill or contact CSA for help!

Edit: Stupid characters in way of my typing!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Handy1 

i don't think so.  but you can use email to receive the code

and "Trusted device" so it sends only the first time

@HALIMACS 

I haven't found any e-mail option since today's change.

@HALIMACS  How do I choose for my email that would work even 

Sorry, but there are currently no options.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I am doubtful.

Guessing either to the registered phone number or maybe email address only

Need Help? Let's chat.