cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$29 • 10GB 4G Plan.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Okay, what's the deal with the $29 10GB 4G Plan, because on Friday it was available for everyone to change to within the 'Change Plan Section' of your My Accounts and now it's for New Activations Only? 

Another thing, why can't new Activations even get this Plan? Since Friday every single time I've tried to Activate a Brand New Account on this Plan the Payment refuses to be Accepted.. meanwhile any New Account I activate on the $34 • 40GB using the same Payment Method goes through with no issues at all..

On Friday I scheduled one of my own Existing Accounts to change to this $29 • 10GB 4G on my Next Renewal Date, and I can still see that scheduled when I sign in, but I can't see it as an option in the 'Change Plan' Section on any of my other Accounts anymore... and like I said, it won't let me Activate any new Accounts on it..

It's like eye-candy that we cannot have..which isn't very nice.. I thought oh, I can Activate an Account on the $15 Plan temporarily and then schedule it to change next month to the $29 • 10GB but now I can't even do that like I could on Friday...

So this Plan is available to 'New Activations Only', meanwhile the only people who could get it were existing customers on Friday. 

(I've tried using the Mobile App, Private Browsers, and Chrome incognito with no Activation Success on the $29 Plan, and I've also attempted using 3 different Cards for Payment but all still say 'Error' instead of 'Payment Successfully Posted'.)

Screenshot_20231125_231556_Public Mobile.jpg

@J_PM 

14 REPLIES 14

on2wheels
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good idea.  Mind telling me how long you've been a customer here?  I'm curious because I've been here 5 years and have never gotten one of those  texts.

Toller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just received this offer via text. I’m currently on the 3G 25 1GB.

Gonna pull the trigger

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ottawa wrote:

It wasn't "all weekend", they posted it about midnight or 1am Saturday, it was up for about 12 hours available to all, then they set it to "new activations only". Almost certainly the 12-hour version was a mistake made by an overworked overtired employee in the heat of BF Weekend. By coincidence (but not really, a result of the same BF factors), the PM servers were also being hammered and it was hard to get in.

@ottawa The $29 plan appeared at approximately 16:22 on Black Friday afternoon and became "new activations only" at approximately 11:57 on Saturday morning. Of course it was almost impossible to subscribe to it on Black Friday, I tried.

on2wheels

I would be shocked to see you actually got it, but it should be showing in your account by now. Let us know.

tfctroll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. I see it in the desktop site. 

@ottawa Very well said, and I completely agree.

ottawa

It wasn't "all weekend", they posted it about midnight or 1am Saturday, it was up for about 12 hours available to all, then they set it to "new activations only". Almost certainly the 12-hour version was a mistake made by an overworked overtired employee in the heat of BF Weekend. By coincidence (but not really, a result of the same BF factors), the PM servers were also being hammered and it was hard to get in.

I'm quite willing to chalk it up to a pricing error (in this case an error in the terms). You see those all the time on RFD, SD, etc., and it's a game to get in fast enough, pay extra for next-day shipping before the mistake is caught, etc. Some merchants honour them for those who are lucky (as PM did) and others don't honour them (most of them). I give PM credit for not cancelling them as a pricing error.

To suggest PM intentionally posted a really great plan at a time they were having trouble keeping up, then intentionally blocked out all those people trying to get it (and hammering their servers even more) just to annoy people? That both makes no sense, and assumes a level of coordination that I don't credit PM for (sorry PM). And what's in it for them to do it?

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The $29 needs to be added back to people can actually get it. It's not fair to rub it in our faces all weekend when no one can get it, and than remove it!!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Priority , I guess it doesn’t matter now, those plans have been removed today! 😔 

Carolccc

Go to my account then click on left +, check the payment, it will show upcoming payment. 

ottawa

Normally under Payments.

tfctroll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to this plan the day after it was released, I think it was the Saturday morning when their site was back up and running again. How are you able to view that the plan change is scheduled? I don't see anything scheduled anywhere?

Carolccc

I also have similar issue, I changed my subscription plan and chose on renewal then confirm, but I don’t know why it didn’t go through. So just submit a ticket to Customer service agent.

Monikaj98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i was having trouble even getting into my account on Friday to change my subscription maybe something going on with the website I’d recommend opening a ticket with customer service if you haven’t already 

Need Help? Let's chat.