cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$26 for 15GB @ 4G promo

Frequent_flyer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently on the $25 for 1GB @ 3G and recieved a text offering an upgrade to 15GB at 4G for $26.

I have 2 questions (sort of related)

1. I read on another post that my Canada to USA texting and calling will be lost. Is that true?

2. Does the offer remove any features from my current plan or does it just add to it?

4 REPLIES 4

polelum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got the same offer - accepted it immediately! 😄 I planned to leave PM after the December double charge incident (resolved), but decided to stay. Especially, that shortly will get my 10 hours of free international calling to the EU reward.  

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

1) Texting doesn't change, but your current plan doesn't include US calling either. If you have a US long distance add-on, it will continue to work on the new plan.

2) No. It still Includes unlimited calling in Canada, unlimited international text from Canada, call display, call waiting etc. The only differences are 15GB of data instead of 1GB, and 4G speed instead of 3G speed.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Frequent_flyer wrote:

I am currently on the $25 for 1GB @ 3G and recieved a text offering an upgrade to 15GB at 4G for $26.

I have 2 questions (sort of related)

1. I read on another post that my Canada to USA texting and calling will be lost. Is that true?

If you are on the $25 for 1GB plan, you WILL NOT lose USA texting (as it is unlimited, international on all plans).  As far as calling, you WILL NOT lose any long distance add-on's you may have on the account.

2. Does the offer remove any features from my current plan or does it just add to it?

The plan removes NO FEATURES from your current plan.  You get 15x the data allotment each cycle and move to 4G, which is basically the same as with 3G as it's simply 4G throttled down on the 3G plan.   You should notice an appreciable difference in data speeds.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Frequent_flyer  Your texting with remain but calling US will be gone unless it’s from old long distance add ons you have which you will keep . But if you plan includes US /CAN calling then it will be replaced for the new plan with 15GB for $26 

Need Help? Let's chat.