cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 for 5GB at 3gbps

Dbal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday some of my family members received a text message from Public Mobile with the promo below. It os not clear if this includes calls/text as well. Also not all family members received this sms.

"Public Mobile here. We've got a great deal for you. Get 5GB of data at 3G speeds of up to 3gbps for only $25/month.

Reply YES to get this limited time offer added to your account and will take effect on your next renewal date.

Hurry, offer ends November 20, 2023.

Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers."

28 REPLIES 28

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This offer is not quite as generous as it sounds. It would take 9.25 days maxing out your data at 3Mbps to consume 5GB. Given that people sleep for 8 hours a day that means that you would have to max out your connection for half of every day to reach the plan's limit. Even a teenager would be hard pressed to do that 🙂

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's interesting, and rfd even links to Rogers plans that I had no idea were available.  My Rogers internet is due for renewal soon.  Can't believe I'm actually considering leaving PM for Rogers wireless again.  It's baffling why many of us aren't eligible for these plans at PM, including the black friday $29 offer.

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dust2dust glad to help!  Marketing is surely analyzing the accounts and targeting them bigly now, and not just the lowest paying tiers either.  Single batches seemed logical to me given how the backend here seems to work

@Kristowhy- Thanks for verifying what I wondered on one of these threads some time ago. I seemed to recall that that's how the last offer went. In a batch (or es).

Kristowhy

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Whitehat2 

maybe just browser cache problem. 

Try to use Incognito/Private/Secret mode on your browser to login My Account again, then go to Change Subscription page and it should show you the plan change you scheduled by "Change on renewal"

With the offer officially expiring on Nov 20 it seems that PM pushes out the change to all those accepted in a batch.  I did not see anything on the 21st but it did show up today on the 22nd.  

Anyone who accepted this offer should check and see if this took place for them.

25_5GB_plan.jpg

Ah, gotcha. 3MBps = 24Mbps. This is what happens when Comms and/or Marketing don't consult with IT first. Guaranteed they have no idea how they changed the whole meaning with 1 incorrect uppercase letter in an acronym.

@DennyCrane- No, it's all caps now. 🙂

@dust2dust The text offer says 24Mbps?!?!

@DennyCrane- Update! They re-sent the offer with a sorry. Now it's 24Mbps as they corrected it with saying 3MBPS. Less than 3Gbps but better than 3Mbps. 🙂

EdN

This is common several folk have not received verification of plan change though the app but it still took place.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-5gb-data-3g-speed-25-m-2653915/2/#p38317005

hi @Dbal yes, the $15 plan is most lively not going anywhere.   But remember the $25  for 5G is a really sweet deal and l don't think you will get it back after you give up on  it 🙂 

But take the $25 now, of your data usage us really within 250Mb or you rather paying only $15, change it back after 

@namabeer1 Yes, assuming the plan you want is still available (ths $15 plan should be as irs regulated).

namabeer1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can you downgrade in future? if you find not using data and not worth $10.... do you keep rewards discounts in that case too?

Whitehat2

Shouldn't be cache issue.  I used incognito mode and got the same result.  I used the app and got the same result.  No showing the "change on renewal".

namabeer1

thanks

@namabeer1 You are changing your plan, but plan changes don't affect loyalty discounts or data add-on's. Just make sure you don't opt into the new Public Points system.

namabeer1

it's not like you are changing a plan so everything gets cleared

namabeer1

so it's a no brainer if you want to up from 250mb to 5GB for $10

@namabeer1 Yes, all your loyalty discounts and bonus add-on's will remain.

namabeer1

do you retain all rewards and pass freebies (like holiday DATA)  and loyaty and preauthorized rewards? So if i pay $10 on my $15 plan after rewards, i should be paying $20 on this new deal Please clarify before making the dive. 5 GB from 250mb is ok for the extra $10 if so

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Targeted offer. I'm assuming you family member was on the $15 plan previously?

Also to clarify it's 3 *Mbps* i.e. 3G speed. It's not 3Gbps.

HI @Whitehat2 

maybe just browser cache problem. 

Try to use Incognito/Private/Secret mode on your browser to login My Account again, then go to Change Subscription page and it should show you the plan change you scheduled by "Change on renewal"

Whitehat2

Same here.  I'm intrigued to know when it will show a scheduled plan change.

EdN

I did not receive this offer earlier this year when others got it.  Glad it was made available to me this time.  Hoping it goes through 

Whiner23

So everyone does not receive the same offers?

Kaito

It sounds like that offer is only given to select customers. Not everyone gets them.

EdN

I received the same text, replied YES and got a text saying that my plan will change on next renewal.  Ive checked my account and it doesn't show a scheduled plan change.  How long does it take to show up?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dbal  This is a targeted offer you have to revive the text to get the plan . And yes it includes unlimited calling and texting 

Need Help? Let's chat.