cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

240GB bonus data are missing!!

jumphightosee8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was told that 240GB bonus data has been granted due to the reward plan changed. Then I switched the plan from $40 to $15, and the bonus data was gone. Please let me know how to get it back. There is no warning about switching plan may cause problem! Thanks a lot for any help!!

11 REPLIES 11

jumphightosee8

Thank you:)! I am done enough reading on PM notes this afternoon. All I can say PM sucks with this chaos bonus data. 

Exactly, customers wont suddenly change their behavior or demand due to the bonus data. 

@jumphightosee8 

this won't satisfy your questions...but here's some reading about it...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

@jumphightosee8 wrote:

What is the point for that data though? I want to know how many long term subscribers there feel treated unfairly 

Generally, the data isn't going to get used.  Customers have specific usage patterns.  Someone might start using more data because of the free add-on, but in many cases, that won't be because the data is actually needed but rather just because it's there.

jumphightosee8

What is the point for that data though? I want to know how many long term subscribers there feel treated unfairly 

Well, the message they sent out to the phone there is no link to FAQ, they only specified the expiry date. 

jumphightosee8

You are absolutely right that it's a shame that they are so cheap, what is the point to give 240 GB to customer and request them to stay with a 20GB monthly plan. For a regular customer how can they use that much data when they don't need as usual ?? 

@will13am wrote:

@jumphightosee8 , the terms for the bonus data is that you must stay on the current plan.  Any plan change will result in loss of the bonus data.  This data was never intended for customers to downgrade the plan for a few months and save some money.  

I actually have no use for the add-on as I will never use the 240GB add-on, but for argument's sake, Public Mobile makes non mention of these conditions when applying this bonus add-on.  The accompanying text message sent by Public Mobile does make no reference to such a rule, nor does it say anything about the change to points.  The text message simply refers to thanking loyal customers.  To date, I have not received any direct communication Public Mobile about any forced change to points, nor have a I received any information about the data bonus (at least until the exact moment that it was added to my account).

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@jumphightosee8   The FAQ linked to from the announcement states:

"The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan."

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jumphightosee8 

you switched to lower value plan so your bonus data is sacrificed.

clipped from Help Files..

Will I lose my special bonus data if I switch plans?

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jumphightosee8 , the terms for the bonus data is that you must stay on the current plan.  Any plan change will result in loss of the bonus data.  This data was never intended for customers to downgrade the plan for a few months and save some money.  

Need Help? Let's chat.