cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

240 GB ? and $34 vs $29 (5G vs 4G)

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Currently I pay $34 monthly but after discounts $28. So I was browsing around to see if worth switching to the $29 plan for 4G. That could bring me down to $23 (although rewards are changing?$. Thoughts? It renews April 1. 

I’ve only just noticed the 240 GB bonus. I’m tempted to downgrade to the $15 3G plan tomorrow, to use up the 240, assuming the loyalty data is compatible?

IMG_5197.jpeg

IMG_5198.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 - I swore someone from a $34 plan with the Loyalty 240GB that already started switched to the $29 20GB plan in March and he didn't lose it. But we don't even know if that is true... yet.

@fixin wrote:

@rossputin - Ohhh. That means for $5 more you get unlimited data at reduced speeds so probably good to go to the $29 and you keep the 240GB.

Many people are switching to the $15 plan to use the 240GB of data and they are losing it because it is less than $29.

The infromation given by Public Mobile states that any plan downgrade causes loss of this bonus data add-on (even if the downgrade is to a $29 plan).

fixin

@rossputin - I think you can change to a $29 plan but any lower you will lose the 240GB.

You should just keep the same plan until your 150 days is up.

But yeah, after the 150 days you should re evaluate.

rossputin

Meaning keep my current plan, right? Then when the 150 days used up reevaluate?

fixin

@rossputin - Ohhh. That means for $5 more you get unlimited data at reduced speeds so probably good to go to the $29 and you keep the 240GB.

Many people are switching to the $15 plan to use the 240GB of data and they are losing it because it is less than $29.

rossputin

@fixin 

your title precedes you “Town Hero”.

lol. I love the abundant clarity!! I need that.

my current plan is actually 20 GB for $34 ($28) .

thanks again @fixin 

fixin

@rossputin - Do not, I repeat, Do not change plans to a lower value. Like under $29

You WILL lose all of the 240GB if you switch to a $28 or lower cost plan.

$29 20GB plan WILL let you keep the Loyalty Bonuses.

How to use it? Use it like by watching movies on 4K, downloading large files over and over again.

You WILL need to use 1.6GB a day just on the Bonus Data. Not your plan's data (50GB what you are having now = 2.16GB/day. 20GB = 1.94GB/day.

hyT

@rossputin 

I am in a similar situation as you. $34 5G speed subscription reduced to $28. Shall lose $6/30 days when involuntarily switched from Rewards to Points. The "loyalty bonus" that was given to me is even "incompatible"!

Not that I am ever going to need to use it. But it was even put into my account as unusable to start with. 

Screenshot_20240330-204438_Public Mobile.jpg

I tolerate their non-existent customer service and poor app performance for their relatively low price.  This just adds insult to injury. When I wanted to open a ticket or check my usage or payment details, these were what I encountered.

Screenshot_20240330-220554_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240330-204313_Public Mobile.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.