cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$24 4GB 4G Plan Free Physical SIM - How is it Provided?

PM_5G
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a referral that would like to sign up but needs a Physical SIM- what is the process?

1. Purchase card in signup process and need to wait for shipment by mail?
  2. Is a credit provided on account and they can pick up a Physical SIM at Telus stores?
  3. I have a spare card - can they use that - if card is mailed - then they give mailed card to me to replace mine?

Basically does anyone know for sure how a new customer would get the Free Physical SIM for a new signup?

I have noticed many posts about cards mailed not being received / customers waiting...  This customer would like to have no down time in waiting for a Physical SIM but does not have a Newer Phone with eSIM capability!

Clarification would be greatly appreciated and would probably help customers looking to sign up!

Public $24 4GB 4G .jpg

6 REPLIES 6

hi@PM_5G

would be better if you chose to pick up the sim in store.  But no worries, the cycle starts when you have the sim card, login the app and put the sim card number there

2. you can definitely use the sim card number you have, as long as it was never been used..  So, try to login now and add the sim card number.  If any login issue or have trouble adding, submit a ticket with PM agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@PM_5G  1 yes the card is mailed to  address used on sign up . and the plan won’t  start until you have activated the SIM card using the PM app not website . you will have opportunity to port the number in when activating the SIM card . And yes you can use the spare sim card you have to do the activation . So long as it’s brand new PM sim card never activated before 

PM_5G

Just to clarify your reply and some further questions....

1. Physical SIM is mailed to address used during sign up process... When does the actual PM plan start and when does porting out / in occur?  Only once they complete the signup process when Physical SIM arrives?
  2. I also mentioned I have a spare SIM - can they use that card to finish process after initial signup and then give me the mailed card to replace mine?

Thanks in advance!
As I mentioned he is a referral and already has my referral code Armed and Loaded ! 🤣

@PM_5G  Oh wow thanks for sharing that . Cool so yea you can sign up for that plan and sim card and when the SIM card arrives finished the activation on the PM app . And your plan will start once you activate the sim . That way you get the sim for free and secure the plan . And don’t forget to use your referral code to save your friend $10 which will show up for them 72 hours after activation and you will get the $1 /1point each depending the rewards your on .

adding the sim will be delivered to the address that’s used to create the account on sign up @PM_5G 

PM_5G

Hey Handy1 thanks for your reply I just edited my post and posted a picture of the new offer with the Free Physical SIM - I just noticed it today as well

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PM_5G  For physical sim they need to buy one only eSIM is free . Best to call around to local Koodo Telus store for PM SIM card availability or order from Amazon $4.99 right now. But you want to act fast as that plan could be gone right after Boxing Day 

Need Help? Let's chat.