cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 - Time hasn't come yet?

faytruni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

.. to get a PM app to manage all our services on the go and get access to Wi-Fi calling?

Thx!

12 REPLIES 12

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@faytruni 

It would be nice but I doubt it. The app will require maintenance and updates which will increase service fees.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Roger killed Roger One and I don't think there is any more since 

Lucky has its wifi calling app

@BeachNBeer wrote:

They can't even make a functional forum imagine an app 🤣

Interesting observation.

But there are companies which app is more functional than web site. It all depends on resources dedicated to develop and what industry they belong to.

Having app for PM for me will not be that useful. Writing posts, checking account, etc. is way simpler and faster through PM than through phone.

Of course, if you are on the road and phone is your only connection to the world, buying add-ons, checking account, etc. then app has good value.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

buying add-ons through app would be nice and password should be fingerprint and face id enabled so most aksed question of losing password is taken care of. 

WiFi calling would be nice. Earlier Rogers had RogersOne, not sure what they have now.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@faytruni 

Remember this tag line ad from Public Mobile...

https://images.app.goo.gl/bFzJZov9CZMhsBBS8

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

They can't even make a functional forum imagine an app 🤣

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@faytruni or may I suggest you a almost App like workaround?  Add the Bookmark to Home screen.    It will give you an icon on the Home screen, click on it and it will open the page via your default browser..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow wrote:

I would not expect this from PM in near future. You get low price, good coverage but no extra perks.

@Meow : If you mean the app then yes. But with the shutting down of UMTS, if PM doesn't do something about voice then the doors will shut. We soon won't have talk roaming in the states (text and data would still work). We already have some areas of the country that struggle with talk (Brandon, Winnipeg).

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I would not expect this from PM in near future. You get low price, good coverage but no extra perks.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@faytruni i don't think you will ever see a PM app.  

My favorite story, Koodo used to have app.  Telus kill it couple years ago, 4 or 5 years ago.   Unless to see it comes back to Koodo, you won't see it here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@faytruni 

no option yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on the app front. Wifi calling? Maybe. Or VoLTE. As US providers shut down UMTS and Canadians follow, we'll see what happens with our beloved little third tier budget provider here.

Need Help? Let's chat.