cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 unlimited canada talk and text plan

santi044
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PC mobile has a $20 unlimited canada wide talk and text plan. 

Plans & Features - Prepaid | PC mobile

I currently have both my parents on the public mobile $15 plan, but I have to constantly add minutes to their accounts.  The $25 plan for unlimited talk seems like too much, because I turn off data altogether.  A $20 unlimited talk and text plan is the happy medium.  I would totally put them on that plan if Public Mobile offered it.  Are there thoughts to add this plan, to compete with PC mobile?  If not, I would strongly consider moving them to PC mobile.  

$20 plan - PC Mobile.png

11 REPLIES 11

socialserviette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

agreed on this! Public continues to knock it out of the park.

@darlicious wrote:

A couple of typos in your post? $18 for 600 minutes...not $17 for 750 minutes?

Yes indeed, thanks! Apparently I started mixing up minutes and megabytes in my head. Edited it. 😂

@Nezgar 

A couple of typos in your post? $18 for 600 minutes...not $17 for 750 minutes?

@santi044 

Pm used to offer this plan...but alas no more. You do make a compelling argument especially with the offer of pc optimum points for top ups. However their are advantages as mentioned to keeping the pm accounts. Eventually with the autopay and maximum loyalty rewards ($2+$5=$7) the $15 plan becomes $8/30 days. The pc mobile price will never be reduced in price. For convenience you could just add 2×$5/500min add ons at a time so you would only have to periodically check their accounts for when they are running low on minutes.

You could also add the fongo app for outgoing calling when they would like to check voicemail or make calls where they may be put on hold or where caller id of their pm number makes no difference. Fongo works on wifi or on mobile data so they could make use if the 250mb of data they do have included in their plan (0.5mb=1min/250mb=500min).

As well the holiday gifts mentioned by @hairbag1  add some value with the 2gb data add on (value=$30/2gb=4096min of fongo calling) and the 500 international long distance calling minutes is useful for Canada wide calling or international (value=up to $25). As always there are no overages, extra billing or fees at pm and you can suspend your services for up to 90 days if needed without penalty.

All things to consider before making the choice to switch.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@santi044 If you're worried about racking up data charges, don't worry! Public has no overages, the data just stops when you reach the limit.  Plus having some data can be a good thing as your parents can look up something on the go.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@santi044One thing to consider sticking around with PM: After only 3 years with Public mobile, you will have $2 autopay reward + $3 loyalty reward, which will make the $25 plan $20.

Secondly, with their existing $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes ($13 with $2 autopay reward), the additional $5 for 500 minutes makes it a $18 plan for 600 minutes.

Since "both of your parents" are on public mobile, I presume one of them may be receiving the friend referral reward as well which will shave another dollar per 30 days off one of their plans (or yours!)

I'd stick around with PM longer to take advantage of the long-term benefit of the loyalty reward. Plus they get some extra data as a bonus, which is not offered at all with the PC plan you are comparing with.

Edit: fixed typos thanks @darlicious 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@santi044....make sure to take advantage of the free More is Merrier gifts of 2GB of data and 500 minutes of calling to select number of countries...including calls to Canada. Each account is eligible for those free gifts. Make sure to get it before end of Dec...(tomorrow).

Let us know if you need guidance on getting those free gifts applied to their accounts.

HNY  😷

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't see any value in the PC mobile plan when for $13 at Public Mobile you can get pretty much unlimited. Just text the person to call you since it's free incoming or call them a minute and say call me back if you know they have unlimited calling. Add the $5 add-on for 500 extra minutes to call and talk to people that only have landlines that may incur a long distance charge if they were to call you. Or for $23 you can get unlimited calling with Public Mobile plus a 1gig of data if you add auto-pay. Eventually it would be less than PC Mobile Price when Loyalty rewards kick in after a few years with Public Mobile. 

To each their own I guess....

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@santi044 wrote:

PC mobile has a $20 unlimited canada wide talk and text plan. 

Plans & Features - Prepaid | PC mobile

I currently have both my parents on the public mobile $15 plan, but I have to constantly add minutes to their accounts.  The $25 plan for unlimited talk seems like too much, because I turn off data altogether.  A $20 unlimited talk and text plan is the happy medium.  I would totally put them on that plan if Public Mobile offered it.  Are there thoughts to add this plan, to compete with PC mobile?  If not, I would strongly consider moving them to PC mobile.  

$20 plan - PC Mobile.png

@santi044  -

Unless other providers offer more plans like this, it is not likely Public Mobile will also.

But, it would be nice, for sure.

It was be less work for you, that is for sure, if you could get them on a plan to set it and forget it.

So, if this meets your current situation for you and your parents go for it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@santi044 

The PC Mobile plan has no data allotment.

It also will net the user $20+tax.

The $15 Public Mobile plan includes 250MB data, and although has limited outgoing minutes each cycle, will cost only $13+tax if a payment card is registered for auto-pay.

That $7 difference will likely more than cover the cost of a $5 add-on for 500 additional minutes, which won't likely be needed as often as you might think.   In addition, this add-on remains on the account until it is fully consumed, so will carry-over cycle to cycle.

PLUS, the bonus data & minutes Public Mobile offers at least once per year, and the Loyalty reward for each year of service, allows Public Mobile to stand out over the PC Mobile offer, at least in my opinion.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is hard to say if PM would offer a $20 plan.  You would have to keep an eye on the announcements forum and also on the website.  There is constant competition between providers so you never know what new offerings PM may have in the works.

Need Help? Let's chat.