cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 & $30 data plans are overpriced!

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Considering FIDO's $15 for 3GB, PMs data plans are overpiced.    ...AM I RIGHT? 

45 REPLIES 45

Mah2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Blackfriday deal total 3GB for $20 with Lucky mobile.  Public mobile please match.

TMS

@Wonder_why wrote:

@TMS wrote:

i do luv my PM plan  🙂

Hah you Heart PM Networks hehes

i Heart alcohol too 🙂     ...and skinny girls!

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TMS wrote:

i do luv my PM plan  🙂

Hah you Heart PM Networks hehes

Wonder_why

@TMS wrote:

depends on location  😉

Fido or ROBBER Networks, no competation with Telus/Koodo

TMS

i do luv my PM plan  🙂

TMS

depends on location  😉

Wonder_why

@TMS wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@TMS wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@TMS PM sister have $15/3GB Tablet Plan better then Fido Networks, Koodo

https://www.koodomobile.com/tablet-rate-plans

shockfree is nice! koodo overages is a joke...i like what u mentioned re: europe s rates       edit: fido $10/1GB,  koodo $10/100MB.   Can u use koodo tablet plan in a phone? 

I have not try it, I believe you can just not able to make a call or text, post us back, if you do

i think someone bravoed you from Koodo lol.   Their plan isnt quite on par with fido (overage costs& unknown if used in a phone)     shockfree is good however 😉     

Fido Networks not Par as Koodo, I will pissed at ROBBER NETWORKS

TMS

we all overpay for mobile  😞

TMS

@Wonder_why wrote:

@TMS wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

shockfree is nice! koodo overages is a joke...i like what u mentioned re: europe s rates       edit: fido $10/1GB,  koodo $10/100MB.   Can u use koodo tablet plan in a phone? 

I have not try it, I believe you can just not able to make a call or text, post us back, if you do

i think someone bravoed you from Koodo lol.   Their plan isnt quite on par with fido (overage costs& unknown if used in a phone)     shockfree is good however 😉     

Wonder_why

@TMS wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

TMS

@Wonder_why wrote:

Wonder_why

IWorkForRogers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You know what, fools, everything telecom related is overpriced in North America, this post is idiotic, please enlighten yourself, our ignorance and tolerance for being in an abusive relationship is what causing a price fixing scam. We should have unlimited everything plans for no more than $30, heck Europe does it for $20 and less, please see for yourself. This is not something you can Google, as Google search results are plagued with false information by the "Telecoms Mafia" in North American, find the names of the telecom companies outside North America and visit their actual website with Google translate extension, the websites usually end in .uk .it .fr .de .se .fi, etc, etc, etc, and yes you have to type them in whole hyper text protocol... https://etc to bypass any search engine. Many hundreds of people have been enlighten in Canada that constant migration to cheeper plans is what we need to keep doing in order to put pressure on the markets and break the abusive relationship telecoms have over us. The requirement that all phones have to be unlocked in January 1, 2018 is a huge victory and power shift to the consumer. It is sad it took so long. This all being said, Public Mobile, please provide me with more motivation and ammunition in actively recruiting people to your service tiers the $25-$25 deal was great.

TMS

@will13am wrote:

@TMS wrote:

@will13am wrote:

No one carrier brand is the cheapest for every type of product.  As good shoppers, we determine the product that we need/want and find the cheapest solution. 

fido $0 unl data is how i roll   lol    and $8 PM plan

So, if you found a cheaper product, great, go with it.  I too have Fido data plans for my tablets.  Seeing that this is not a shopping forum, you won't see me saying too much about it here. 

i actually use the fido 3GB, voip.ms as my main mobile and $10 PM plan for home phone along with voip. until Canada rates change i just cant convert 😞

@TMS wrote:

@will13am wrote:

No one carrier brand is the cheapest for every type of product.  As good shoppers, we determine the product that we need/want and find the cheapest solution. 

So, if you found a cheaper product, great, go with it.  I too have Fido data plans for my tablets.  Seeing that this is not a shopping forum, you won't see me saying too much about it here. 

TMS

@daredogg wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daredogg wrote:

I'd really like to see a $30 plan with 2GB of data. That would suit my needs perfectly.

And I'd really like to see $10 for unlimited provincial and unlimited texting. MAYBE $15... tops. That would suit my needs perfectly. 🙂

$10 unlimited provincial minutes will be perfect for seniors using a flip phone.  This will kill the Speakout for sure.  My mother spending about $18/m for 60 minutes using 7-11 Speakout service.  

Speakout still meets a need in the market... your phone credits don't expire for 365 days. For those that are out of the country most of the year, this service is perfect to keep your phone number.

voip.ms is where iparked my #

TMS

@will13am wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daredogg wrote:

I'd really like to see a $30 plan with 2GB of data. That would suit my needs perfectly.

And I'd really like to see $10 for unlimited provincial and unlimited texting. MAYBE $15... tops. That would suit my needs perfectly. 🙂

$10 unlimited provincial minutes will be perfect for seniors using a flip phone.  This will kill the Speakout for sure.  My mother spending about $18/m for 60 minutes using 7-11 Speakout service.  

Speakout still meets a need in the market... your phone credits don't expire for 365 days. For those that are out of the country most of the year, this service is perfect to keep your phone number.

No one carrier brand is the cheapest for every type of product.  As good shoppers, we determine the product that we need/want and find the cheapest solution.  The loyalty is to the wallet and not to the vendor. 

TMS

@TMS wrote:

$10 unl prov calling....$15 unl prov calling + unl texts....$30 w 2GB data..........How about an unl calls, texts, 1GB data $25?

PM...make it happen! Then you ll get 15 more bux from me!   ...black friday  😉

TMS

$10 unl prov calling....$15 unl prov calling + unl texts....$30 w 2GB data..........How about an unl calls, texts, 1GB data $25?

TMS

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

Again with the flip phone snark! You and will13am. Jeez. Lot's of people here with phones older than my Z30.

haha i remember my CLEARNET w pullout antenna...**bleep** good phone. lol   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

Again with the flip phone snark! You and will13am. Jeez. Lot's of people here with phones older than my Z30.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@daredogg wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daredogg wrote:

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

PM is not trying to get subscribers from Fido. Koodo is the one competing with Fido.

PM competitors are Chatr and Lucky.  There is no point to offer any plan better than Chatr and Lucky because PM plans are not zoned plan like Chatr and Lucky.  PM is already winning the subscriber war with Chatr and Lucky.  Why offer more when comparing with what Chatr and Lucky offering.

sure, but im routing for PM to beat'em all. lol ...fido inc.

Okay.  PM is a small low budget operation.  With all the new activations, PM moderators cannot handled the load.  According to @will13am, moderators response time was used to be around 4 - 5 hours IIRC and now it is 48 hours.  PM is not moving enough subscribers to Koodo with the migration promo to lower the load of the current number of moderators.  PM management has other thing to worry about than doing the work for Koodo to compete with Fido.

I joined Public Mobile during a hectic time back in late 2016 where they had massive problems with managing failed activations on the fall promo.  The response time was 2 weeks.  Once that bow wave of issues were resolved, general response time was around a few hours for most of 2017 and much of early 2018.  When Public Mobile started partnering with retailer and churning customers, things have never been the same.  From what I understand, the retail stores have a direct access to the moderator team via phone to support the activations and associated issues.  The resources have been spread very thin.  Back in the day, the moderators used to have their own accounts in the community forum and so we can see who is at work.  Now they are cloaked by the moderator team moniker so we cannot tell the daily staffing level.  It is sufficient to say that they have not scaled the support staff numbers to match the workload.  Hopefully Public Mobile has some sort of target performance for response times that a whole lot better than 48 hours. 

I think that's a bit of speculation on your part @popping. Unless you're an employee of PM, working directly behind the scenes, you don't really know. Yes, the oracles get a peek behind the curtain, but they don't know everything either.

TMS

hopefully better plans will arrive, less than 40 bux, yes?

TMS

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TMS wrote:

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

PM is not trying to get subscribers from Fido. Koodo is the one competing with Fido.

PM competitors are Chatr and Lucky.  There is no point to offer any plan better than Chatr and Lucky because PM plans are not zoned plan like Chatr and Lucky.  PM is already winning the subscriber war with Chatr and Lucky.  Why offer more when comparing with what Chatr and Lucky offering.

sure, but im routing for PM to beat'em all. lol ...fido inc.

Okay.  PM is a small low budget operation.  With all the new activations, PM moderators cannot handled the load.  According to @will13am, moderators response time was used to be around 4 - 5 hours IIRC and now it is 48 hours.  PM is not moving enough subscribers to Koodo with the migration promo to lower the load of the current number of moderators.  PM management has other thing to worry about than doing the work for Koodo to compete with Fido.

Need Help? Let's chat.