cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 GB Limited Time

abatamir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After you sign up for the offer, will it be always for the same price, or just for a limited time? 

11 REPLIES 11

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rossputin wrote:

Given I only use 1.5-2GB monthly anyway, I wonder if worthwhile to go to the $25 3G 1GB plan for a month just to eat the 2GB up?🤔. The risk of course if the $34 plan will stick around.

Presumably you're on a 4G plan now? If you actually want 5G speed, I wouldn't bother with a month of 3G speed to save $9 ($25 vs $34). 3G is supposed to be capped at 3Mbps, and 4G at 100Mbps. I'm on the $25/1GB@3G plan and it works for me. But if you're lusting after faster than 4G speeds, what's the point of suffering through a month of 3G to save $9?

That said, if you're currently paying >$34 for 20GB or less, definitely book a change "at next renewal date" to the $34 plan of your preference. For me it would be the 4G-speed plan, but you may want 5G.

You said you're only using 1.5-2GB/mo so this may not be an issue, but bear in mind the $34 4G plan is capped at 20GB, while the $34 5G plan becomes "unlimited 2G*" after 20GB, and your add-ons will be labelled  "Incompatible" with the 5G plan. If I decided I needed more speed (not more data, I have 7GB of free Add-Ons), I would take $34/20GB@4G over $34/20GB@5G for that reason, at least until (a) I establish that 4G isn't fast enough, and (b) something gets done so existing or new Add-Ons get consumed after hitting 20GB, before dropping to 0.5Mbps.

[*According to an article I just read, 2G was technically limited to 0.1Mbps, and 3G to 2Mbps, so I figure if PM calls their 3Mbps offering "3G", I can call their unlimited 0.5Mbps "2G" for simplicity. :)]

=aw

@rossputin- 5G network compatibility isn't necessarily necessary. The plans are more about speed here. You can get the higher speed having a 5G speed plan and connected to the LTE network.
As much as wording and terminology is a toss up around here but the $34/20gb/5G says "new 5g plan". Not promotion. Not limited time.
A method of keeping a hold of a plan for a future change is to schedule it and see if it stays around until your next renewal. If you're not ready to change then remove the scheduled change and then re-schedule it after your renewal. It would almost certainly be there for that overnight "risk".

rossputin

Good call. iPhone 12mini so yes compatible.

although I have 2GB of unused bonus data for years now. Given I only use 1.5-2GB monthly anyway, I wonder if worthwhile to go to the $25 3G 1GB plan for a month just to eat the 2GB up?🤔. The risk of course if the $34 plan will stick around.

BrandonS47
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

check if your phone is 5G compatible.

joshua5678
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same price as soon as you are holding the plan.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@abatamir 

Public Mobile, and indeed any mobile service provider, can withdraw a plan offering or amend its pricing/details with required notice to customers holding the plan.

Given this attractive plan is a medium - higher data plan (not a lower entry value plan) I sincerely believe they will not remove or increase the pricing of this plan once customers are subscribed for it.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rossputin 

Schedule the plan change for the next renewal date. If you do an immediate plan change you do not get any credit for your current plan.

Ususally, you'll want to pre-schedule the change to occur during renewal, but other than that, the only reason would be because domsetic data add-ons cannot be used with unlimted 5G plans.

rossputin

My plan is currently $39 for 20 GB at 4G. Is there any reason I shouldn’t change it to the $34 20GB at 5G right now?

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@abatamir 

The only plan that I have ever heard of increasing was a very old legacy plan.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Price-Increase/m-p/796043

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Once you have the plan, you're good. Technically they can take anything away whenever they want, but as a business practice they don't.

Need Help? Let's chat.