cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$19 1G plan

weiyiluo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I downgraded from the $25 plan to the $15 plan two days ago, and it will take effect on the renewal date on the 23rd. Today I saw the $19 1G plan, can I still change it?

10 REPLIES 10

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a few gripes with PM (involuntary switch from legacy rewards to points, loss of 240GB bonus data, unavailability of "new activation only" plans for current subscribers, deleting subscription plans without notice and no response from CS_Agent for eight days and counting).

However, I have to give credit where credit is due.  The new $19 4G 1GB plan is very good for me and should mitigate all the issues I had with PM over the last two weeks.  I have scheduled a change on my next renewal. 

Under the $19 plan and the new points rewards (6 referrals), my average monthly cost should only be about $11.22 per month going forward. Under my old $25 3G 1GB plan (4.5 years) and legacy rewards, I was averaging about $13 per month. (I was on a $29 4G 30GB plan for the last 4 months during which I used less than 1 GB per month and I am currently on $15 4G 0GB plan hoping to use some of the bonus data which was cancelled).  I guess I can now stop hanging around the Community until the next big change or problem takes place at PM.  Good luck to everybody.

P.S.  If CS_Agent ever responds to my unanswered messages, I may still try to switch to the $21 4G 3GB plan if they agree to help me.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@laoz - Yes, on Autopay and with unlimited calls to US and Canada BUT no US roaming PLUS it is owned by Loblaws and operated by Bell and there is currently a boycott with Loblaws Corporation and I won't really want to shop there anymore for this month.

No Name Mobile is a great choice, just not really a good time for me.

laoz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

you can get 2g data with Noname mobile I believe

@golfball wrote:

You can cancel your scheduled plan change to the $15 plan and select the $19 plan instead.

@golfball @softech 

It's true that a customer can cancel any scheduled plan change, but in this case, that step is unnecessary. When a new plan change it requested, that autoamtically replaced teh previously scheduled changed.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ATHENS wrote:

Where do you guys see these options? Even the lowest $15 is not available to existing members.  

@ATHENS The $15 plan was removed earlier but the $19 1GB plan is currently available to me in self-serve.

Just signed in, the $29 for 40GB is gone, now replaced with $29 for 10GB. 

But the $19.00 for 1GB is still there.... for now.

Screenshot_20240516_235419_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yea, like I've been saying all day, Public Mobile has been putting plans and yanking them.

There was a $19 1GB plan earlier today that was open to all.

The $15 plan was also open to all for the past two weeks. 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@weiyiluo - Yes, just cancel the plan change for the $15 plan in subscriptions as shown here:

Web:

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 7.45.42 PM.png

App:

IMG_6934.png

Click on "Cancel Subscription change" and then chose the 1GB $19 plan and then click change on renewal.

As long as it is there in My Account, you can change to it free of charge here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@weiyiluo 

yes, you can.  Go to back Change Subscription page on My Account.  You will see a scheduled plan change for the $15 plan and you can click "Cancel subscription change" 

Then go to pick the new $19 plan and similarly, use Change on Renewal option

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can cancel your scheduled plan change to the $15 plan and select the $19 plan instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.