cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 per Month Plan - Question regarding going overseas

kcmleo_tor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I am on the $15 per month plan and will be going on vacation to Malaysia.  Will I be receiving any signal when I am there (for calls and texting) or will I require roaming?  From when I have read, PM only offers roaming in the US, so does that mean there will be no signal at all for calls and text message?  Is the best bet to get a local SIM card when I am in there?  Thanks for all your help!

7 REPLIES 7

@kcmleo_tor 

@kcmleo_tor wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion.  Do you mean I could disable Autopay while I am away and put it back on when I get back for the service to resume?  I guess this will only work if I am away during at least 1 Autopay period?

You got it. At the airport when you leave Canada, log in to your account and toggle OFF the Subscription (Autopay) toggle. Make sure to re-enable when you land back home.

kcmleo_tor

Thank you!  Great suggestion!

kcmleo_tor

Thanks for your suggestion.  Do you mean I could disable Autopay while I am away and put it back on when I get back for the service to resume?  I guess this will only work if I am away during at least 1 Autopay period?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kcmleo_tor 

just get a local sim and a cheap plan.

You could do the free voip app method but you're limited to use separately purchased data or using wifi. Depending on how long you're staying away...make sure to disable Autopay to avoid paying if you're gone for several weeks. Then make sure to re-up your plan before 89 days in Suspension...at day 90, the account is Deactivated ...for good !

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You could forward calls and texts to a voip app and leave your sim in a phone and on in Canada. Calls and texts will come to the voip app. Connect to wifi or buy local service with data to use the voip app.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kcmleo_tor 

sorry, you won't get any service from PM even you are willing to pay.  PM does NOT have service outside or Canada and US.  

you will have to buy local data sim, and download VoIP app TextNow for voice calls and text to Canada/US for free

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kcmleo_tor  No sorry PM only works in Canada and the US with US roaming add on .  Your best to get a local pre paid SIM card in your destination 

Need Help? Let's chat.