cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 voucher only added $5

Lissa1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a $10 voucher to add on data. I added the voucher after selecting the option to get 200gb for $5 and it only added the $5 not the additional $5

10 REPLIES 10

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lissa1   I'd second @JL9's suggestion that you add a Debit visa or CC and to your account and enable autopay to get the $2 autopay discount every payment cycle.  You can still pay with vouchers if you prefer to pay that way, but at least you'll get another couple of bucks off every cycle.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Just an aside you can still register for autopay and not actually have autopay used, for example you can still put vouchers on your account to cover the upcoming renewal. That way you will be saving another 2/month so 5 altogether. Just a suggestion

@Lissa1 wrote:

Thank you. I just checked my transactions and it says that I added on 2 — 2mb add one for $10. So the transactions went through. However, I haven’t been able to get in the internet without wifi. And my phone just notified me that I’ve used 75% of my data. I just topped up my plan on the 1st and I purchased the add on, not even 12 hours ago so there is no way I’ve used that much data. 

@Lissa1   Login to My Account and check if you see a line about the 2GB Data under My Data & Add-on section in the Overview page.

Also, looks like you are using Android phone, go to your Mobile Data Usage page, change the "start billing cycle on"  to June 4 (or 4th day of each month), to see the usage since June 4rd.  This will show you what the device recorded your data usage since and which app used the data and how much.  This can  confirm if you really used the 2GB in just 1 day

E-MobileData.png

Can you provide images of your payment history and overview page both without identifiable information.

Perhaps you have settings on the phone to switch to mobile data when wifi is weak or out of range. Perhaps settings also to update the OS and apps on any internet connection.

The phone notified you? Or a text from 611? Images always help.

Lissa1

4DFA97FE-1EB9-4427-9213-C1120C08A3D5.png

Lissa1

Thank you. I just checked my transactions and it says that I added on 2 — 2mb add one for $10. So the transactions went through. However, I haven’t been able to get in the internet without wifi. And my phone just notified me that I’ve used 75% of my data. I just topped up my plan on the 1st and I purchased the add on, not even 12 hours ago so there is no way I’ve used that much data. 

@Lissa1   Can you login to My Account and check the Transaction log?  it is best and will show clearly the transaction entries

Lissa1

I should have explained further, my bad. 
I added on the $10 voucher over the phone, then selected data add on option 1 - 200 megabites for $5 ..after doing so, the operator dude said “thanks. Let’s finish your purchase” then the phone went blank. I called back and there was only $8 (I had $3 credit) but no data on my phone. There should have been $13 if no data was added. Im staying at my friends for the weekend, without internet and my phone just notified me that I’ve used 75% of my data. I just topped off my monthly plan last week, AND I purchased an add on, so I should not be out of data yet. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lissa1  - check your transaction history, do you see the $10 voucher amount listed there:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/

Also, was your plan working before you added this, with calls and texting? Just wondering if your plan was in suspended/nonpay status? Addons will only work on an Active plan.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Lissa1 wrote:

I bought a $10 voucher to add on data. I added the voucher after selecting the option to get 200gb for $5 and it only added the $5 not the additional $5

It only added $5 because the other $5 paid for the 200MB add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.