cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update [Resolved] *611

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: the open issue impacting *611 has been resolved. Thank you all for sharing your experiences to help support this fix! 

------------

Hey Community, 

We continue to see a number of you having trouble using  *611. Our teams have identified the issue and are working quickly to resolve. We will continue to share updates on this thread as they become available. Thank you.

Confirmed Updates:

• The issue is impacting customers with expired plans trying to make payment using *611. 
  • If you need to make a payment, you can log  into My Account  as an alternative, until the *611 issue is resolved. 

March 30 update: Our teams are working on the fix during off hours to ensure we're not making interruptions.  Appreciate your patience, please continue using troubleshoot tips above. Thank you. 

- Public Mobile Team

56 REPLIES 56

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RG23   @lairddoug1   @Onedon   If you've all tried some of the suggestions and still have no service then submit a ticket for assistance.  Try the chatbot first and then private message if unable to submit a ticket via these links:

chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

CS_Agent:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edit:  nvd, I see @softech has already posted the links which for some reason I didn't see when I was typing..

@lairddoug1   

for your password reset trouble, please open a ticket with PM support:

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

lairddoug1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been trying to use the phone and my account options for phone cards did the reset password nonsense for 2days and I'm still getting Telus garbage telling me my password isn't valid get it fixed or I'll get another provider this is ridiculous!!!!!

Onedon

Yeah my phone cant make calls

RG23

When you used the other number did you service come back on? My service didn’t. 

RG23

I have used the 1 (855) 478-2542 number I entered in my 12 digit pin. It accepted it but my phone is still not is service. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@M_casford 

Do you have telus home services? Try clearing your browser cache and close it. Reboot your device. Use secret/incognito mode and try logging in again using the last password you created. Better yet try logging in using a completely different device than the one you have been having error messages on....but still use the above advice so you are logging in fresh.

M_casford

I didn't know about the other number! I can't get into my account because for some reason even though I've changed my password and have written record of it numerous times it always says it's wrong. Then, when I go to forgot password and try to change it, I get the verification code and enter my new password and it gives me an error screen. 

@M_casford - Have you tried the 1-855-4pu-blic number from another phone? You could also use real time payments in some stores.

Why can't you get in to your account?

M_casford

Do we know when this will be resolved? I can't get into my account online and would like to pay my bill

@Patchio Thank you for the suggestion. We'll take this one away with.  

@treefrog agreed. We have multiple teams on this one. We'll confirm once the fix is complete. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

Good to see this important service message announcement thread pinned again to the landing page.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@J_PM 

I'm glad this is working for me as I often use 611 when I'm working in the field. It seems to me there should be greater urgency in getting this issue fixed.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@miyazada 

If you have no services at all can you log into your account and see if you are suspended? Do you know your renewal date? You may need to just make a manual top up payment to reactivate your services.

Or do you just have an issue with your voice calling? Do text and mobile data work? Or can you just not call 611?

miyazada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nothing is working- I do not have service, please help 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Patchio 

Good point. If a customer has never set up their self serve account (the reason may be they do not have access to a computer, the internet or computer literacy?) and cannot add funds via the 611/IVR system their only option to pay and reactivate would be RTP (real time payments) or instant top ups. They are available at Esso/Mobil stations and Canadian Tire gas bars for a $1 fee. I believe some SDM, McEwan's and Loblaws banner stores may offer them back east.....but confirmation would have to be made by some intrepid community members from that side of the country willing to go on a fact finding mission.

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM 

Since users are still having issues connecting to *611 today (Monday, March 27th, 2023), would it be possible for PM to send out a text message warning users about the ongoing issue and listing the alternative ways that they can add top-up vouchers (or make a payment) to their account in the meantime?

I realize not everyone will find the text message useful, but for users that pay for their service exclusively using payment vouchers, the message would be helpful because they may not have setup My Account previously, and being unable to access *611 would leave them without service for a period of time unless they somehow find their way on to the Community Forum and ask for help.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree, this issue hasn't been fixed as of yet, there are multiple inquiries on the matter, it still happens to me even when I've attempted to call as a test.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Title says "ongoing issue" as of Sunday March 26 10:00 PDT, and we have had multiple inquiries about it this weekend...

Keeping this pinned on the main page until it's actually solved would really help!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

Has this issue been fixed? If not why is it no longer pinned to the landing page? 🤔

Hi @richterscail does it work if you call 1-855-4PUBLIC? 

and submit ticket with PM CS agent I'd that does not solve it 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

richterscail

non of that worked so i waisted my time and money with public mobile 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the update. Although there are customers mentioning they cannot get thru to the 611/IVR system via 1 855 4PUBLIC as well. This is an issue for those trying to add vouchers or make payments who have not set up their self serve accounts.

Note:

Personally I have no issues accessing the 611/IVR system by either method. No VoLTE on any of my devices though as calling 611 has been my test method.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've had that 611 issue occur for me since day one I ever had service here so like 2 years, it's always taken more then one call to get the IVR system to pick up properly, usually calling right away right after it would work as expected, other times it would be two or more attempts.

edit: I'm factoring when I was first here including porting out and back in the time frame.

Final edit: Thank you for quickly putting up an officiall service announcement, I hope to see these continue into the future, it's very helpful 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Good to have an official announcement about this latest issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.