Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,596 REPLIES 5,596

@IzzyK wrote:

Will I still save the equivalent of $8.00 a month? 

@IzzyK 

No, you will not save as much as before with legacy rewards. That is why legacy customers are not happy with the migration.  

No more autopay ($2/month) and loyalty rewards (up to $5/month savings).  Still will receive friend rewards monthly as points.  Need to convert 15 points for $15 billing credit.  

Y4J259
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like I'll be earning 42 points each 30 days, so won't be earning the 5% points back. But I'll have to log in EVERY SINGLE MONTH to cash in as $$$$. So frustrating. Far preferred the auto rewards. So I guess anyone with many referrals will just suck it up and stay with PM. Those with few/no referrals will leave when better plans come up.

anotheran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah if you're on a $40 plan you get $2/month (5%) + have 6 referrals you get $6/month.

You also get $10 every 12 months.... So that's almost like 83 cents/month.

Also even if you do get 8 pts per month, you could only redeem every other month because you need a minimum of 15 points. 

IzzyK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will I still save the equivalent of $8.00 a month? 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@colleeno - Extortion for more money is what Public Mobile is doing!

Chalupa_Batman did a CCTS complaint of the extortion issue and they gave back the 240GB on the $15 plan!

Also make a CCTS complaint here: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

If you wanna, contact CS_Agent:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1714960312242.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

colleeno

It doesn’t matter if you downgrade your plan later or now, the Bonus data that you recently received will be removed.

kmaeyiu7848

Thanks, didn’t know! I should take action sooner then. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Just to add my 2 cents worth ... i agree the intent of this thread is to inform the Legacy reward customers of the now-ongoing changes being made.

I was switched the other day - it did not bring any joy to me.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, perhaps the only customers pleased with this change are those who subscribed AFTER January 2022, or those who haphazardly switched to Public Points when poking around in the Rewards site, not realizing it was a 1-way move.

Perhaps some folks feel a sense of relief that everyone is now on an even playing field, and perhaps think PM is going to enhance the Public Points program which may ultimately help them. 

For the record, I don't believe it'll improve much at all, if it does.

Just throwing it out there for discussion.

hi @anotheran 

the las $29 plan with a 90 days option for $25 was a good one, too bad they pull it so soon 

but the current $29 has lots of data, good for kidsm.  $34 is definitely the best Canada/US plan on the market

anotheran

I'm on the new point system now too. At least there was a competitive plan that popped up so I'm stuck on public for another 3 months. We'll see if anything better pops up then. Lack of the legacy $5 discount for tenure just makes me check out the competition. And if I port back, I know they'll be a better new customer only plans available. 

@kmaeyiu7848 wrote:

Catching up here. Will probably downgrade to the cheapest ($15?) plan, and leave once all the bonus data and voice over the years is used up. So that pathetic 150-day bonus is from this change lol? All in all, have to say thanks to the community and sorry for those who were let down. Any ongoing legal effort underway so far? 

@kmaeyiu7848 

FYI, if you downgrade to $15 plan, you will lose the 150 day bonus data add on.  The rest of your older data add ons (ie. XMAS bonus) will still be available.  

@mikasik2 wrote:

@Markaps wrote:

@Bester30 I'm excited about the points program. I was paying $60, for 5 gb of data with Telus. I now pay $34 for a 50 gb Canada/US plan. Then rewards points are nice bonus.

This is off topic

LOL with the way this thread has gone and that is off topic?  Isn't that someone expressing their thoughts on the point system?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hi @Y4J259 

you can get more than 42.  The reason you see 42 is the current number you have.  That number on our pages how a different one when we have a different number of referrals

Some people mentioned the max number is 110.   

Y4J259

Will my referrals be limited to 42, or will it increase if I keep referring people? 

1000018445.png

ruxton62

My bill was just posted it was 17.92 now 26.88  Super store offered the same plan. same price with better options. Plus you can phone them if you have a problem. I will wait till close to my next billing then switch. waiting for my wifes bill to be posted in two days. We will swith hers two

Brenc

I am still waiting for any details to appear. From what I can find so far, I'll have to wait to accumulate 15 points before I can have a reduction in my monthly payment, and then it's just for that month. Then I start all over again. Not what I signed up for. 

hi @Brenc 

if you worked hard and brought friends here, you will still enjoy the friend referrals of 1 point per month under the new system.  So, that savings could still be sufficient and still worth to stay 

Brenc

So extremely disappointed with PM. I worked hard to bring people to the company and I earned the rewards promised. Now! It's a joke. I will never recommend PM to anyone! The extra savings allowed me to add products as I needed them. Now I will wait for my "extras" to be used up and then move along to another provider that does truly appreciate loyalty. So utterly disappointed!

kmaeyiu7848

And I wanted to add, this change really unlocks me from staying. Monthly discount from loyalty, auto credit card top up and referral just stopped me from looking at competitors.  And those accumulated bonus made me think I would lose something if I go. But now, all gone. I still have my admiration in whoever came up with this day-one loyalty strategy.

kmaeyiu7848

Catching up here. Will probably downgrade to the cheapest ($15?) plan, and leave once all the bonus data and voice over the years is used up. So that pathetic 150-day bonus is from this change lol? All in all, have to say thanks to the community and sorry for those who were let down. Any ongoing legal effort underway so far? 

Rikusk

Hi everyone, so I am off to Superstore to change over to another provider. It has been great but Public Mobile just lost another customer due to the points program, the "we are so excited for you to join the new points" txt msg I just received pushed me over. Its all so sad because I thought this provider was just so amazing on its original idea and the old points program. I just checked and I signed up around 2019.  Bye everyone! 

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So, they keep you longer and many people will simply not use it.. 

Cat_Smith

Public Mobile lost its way. Turning it self into generic low cost carrier with obscure points system.

Why there is only $15 bill credit available, not $10 or $5?

Camera4617

On the bright side, now you can change provider at any time when they give any discount. I moved couple lines for now to Lucky and getting 50$ off for the first year (and 100$ on the other as both lines get), which will be equivalent to 5 years or more staying with PM.  This is business, and think about yourself. Also downgraded remaining lines that I have on PM and just waiting for CCTS complaints resolution. So, PM from me will be getting at least $80 per month less but probably even more. 

hi @Markaps yes, the points is definitely a great saving for you 

The long thread here just people from the old system resisting the change as they are saving less than before.  What most people not understand is that rewards like that don't last forever and businesses are legal to make change.  So, enjoy your savings

Camera4617

It is off topic. And how do you know that people complaining here were paying little to nothing? And even they were, that was due to either their hard work to bring new customers or to stay with PM long enough as they were promised. This is not question about if these plans are better than on Telus. 

ATHENS

@Bester30 wrote:

I received the same text. What a joke. No one is excited about the new points program. Everyone hates it but hey PM don't care.

The only one exited is PM .

ATHENS

@Chops888 wrote:

8 year customer. Got the text message. I feel so let down by this brand.

You have joined the club. 

Bilnok1

I agree 100%, it's off topic.

People here contribute their thoughts and feelings about how PM treats its loyal customers and how they suddenly decided to change the loyalty program, which was the main reason for capturing this category of customers.

New customers will be more than happy to pay less for more since you recently discovered PM, but we are talking about people here who have spent several years being loyal to PM, which is why you are "Off Topic".

On top of that, PM could avoid all of this, by offering a special monetary offer to customers of the old program, such as a permanent discount of a certain amount on their monthly payments, depending on the amount they pay for their plan. and not a ridiculous and useless data offer!

Kootenaigirl1
  • It is totally off topic as the poster was never on the original rewards program so has not been impacted by the change.
    Comparing what you paid for your plan at Telus compared to what you are paying with Public Mobile is not what this discussion is about. 
Need Help? Let's chat.