Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,450 REPLIES 5,450

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The old $15 plan wasn’t too bad if you didn’t use voice too much. Wondering if it’s now at 4G. I ask because 3G plans are no longer offered.

PS  Just started a new thread on this subject. 

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MomOfMax - The "Loyalty" Bonus data that has an expiry date will get used up first but when it is all used up it will automatically go to the other 5GB that you first mentioned about.

It should look like this in usage breakdown:

• 5GB Holiday ($0) data (Used last) * No expiry date *
  • Loyalty Bonus 5GB (Used first) * 150 days expiry *

All add-ons expire when used up, but every add-on except international calling has an expiry time.

USA roaming bundles: 15 days
Canada Data Add-on: 30 days
"Loyalty" bonus data: 150 days.

MomOfMax
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, the first addon, that will expire when he uses it up?

Lockedoutagain2

It's hopeless, after 10 years less 4 months, to be rewarded with a so-called bonus you cannot use unless you pay for more than what you ultimately gonna need...

I do not know where this thread came from or where it is going, just that i lament being screwed this way. I too downgraded to what i need, and ended up with zero data, nothing and no way to contact them except to hook onto some other provider. To be retained for future reference...

fixin1

@MomOfMax - The 5GB loyalty is for the removal of the old rewards program, a.k.a this thread. It will be used first.

The first add-on of 5GB is probably from a more is merrier bonus which will never expire.

Does he have the 250MB 100 min calling plan of $15 or the Unlimited Talk & Text $15 plan?

MomOfMax

Hi there, just reading through this post and I have a question about my son's plan. I purchased the $15 plan and when I looked up his account it says he has an add on of 5g (is this a month?) And another 5g (loyalty bonus) and says he has 104/150 days left. Could you confirm the details of his plan for me? Just FYI, I set up his plan because he was 12 and does not have a credit card.

fixin1

I actually haven't really got time to speak of what I think of this situation fully, so I guess here it is:

Public Mobile, the legacy rewards system was a good thing for all of us, you could save on your bill, but when you forced the $40 4GB plan in 2018 to be $50, that broke a little trust from us, but when we decided that PM was not going to do anything bad again, our trust regained but quickly broke apart.

But at least we get to have a rewards system. We will be auto-switched in T-2 days.

@Morvin wrote:

Same happened to me as well today. Don't know how to get this fixed. They said contact agent through community, but how.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1714420936226.png

Bottom Corner. Enter Customer Service Agent. And follow the prompts

Morvin

Same happened to me as well today. Don't know how to get this fixed. They said contact agent through community, but how.

@NaYr wrote:

How to cantact them?

@NaYr You replied just before this message to one by @hTideGnow , it is laid out in that post how to contact CS.

NaYr

How to cantact them?

NaYr

I downgrade to 15 when I got the confirmation message that it has been added to my account, and then got surprised after few days that I consumed all 250 data and decided to purchase a 29 plan right away. It screwed my work due to data interruption.

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Cut and pasting CS reply to my very polite request asking to keep my data if I switched to the $15 plan.  ———————->
In order for the add-on of 240 GB of mobile data to be kept on your account you need to have a plan that has a price of 29 dollars or more. If you change your plan to the 15-dollar one, the add-on will drop. I do apologize for this situation. With a plan of 15 dollars, you are entitled to an add-on of 5GB. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. 

HI@NaYr 

did you downgrade your plan?

If you didn't change the plan, check with PM support agent and they can add the bonus data back

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

@NaYr wrote:

Hi, up until now the promise complimentary bonus hasn't been applied to my account. I've got the message a long time ago, but it hasn't been applied to my account.

@NaYr Did you try contacting customer service?

NaYr

Hi, up until now the promise complimentary bonus hasn't been applied to my account. I've got the message a long time ago, but it hasn't been applied to my account.

Screenshot_2024-04-29-11-47-53-37_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-29-11-56-41-56_cf3cf72bd8e53b0db7ddb0a6f2208af9.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-29-11-57-24-52_cf3cf72bd8e53b0db7ddb0a6f2208af9.jpg

ATHENS

Thanks - I just private messaged CS and very nicely asked that they allow me to keep my gift data if I switched down to the new $15 plan. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

@fixin1 wrote:

@ATHENS - No, it is not. You can go to the $29 20GB plan. But some people filed another complaint about Extortion and they got their 240GB back on the $15 plan.

I had a person message me that had the data added back on and this morning the data was gone again.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

fixin1

@ATHENS - No, it is not. You can go to the $29 20GB plan. But some people filed another complaint about Extortion and they got their 240GB back on the $15 plan.

ATHENS

Would really like to switch to the new $15 plan and be allowed to keep my 240 bonus data. Are you guys certain that this is possible?

G_Pomzz

Yeah, we have had to reset the APN twice on both our phones in the last few months. My phone is Android 13 & 5G and my wife's is Android 9 & 4G. What I've noticed is if your phone does an Android update you'll almost always have to reset the APN. When it boots up after an update it automatically picks up the Telus APN which works fine for calls but there's no data until you switch to the proper Public Mobile APN settings. And searching in the community, you might not get the latest settings as there are old threads with the wrong APN. 

Glad to hear you figured it out 👍🏻 😃

RNk6xib2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@G_Pomzz wrote:

Your phone should be okay.

My wife's phone is an old Android. (Umidigi F1) Her MMS stopped working also. Following the PM suggestion I updated her APN settings and now it's working fine again.

What is weird is that I had to do that awhile ago

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/APN-Settings-text-from-PM/m-p/1031595/hig...

And I've been having weird MMS problems on and off for a couple weeks now until yesterday morning It just gave out. I didn't play with the settings at all, I just used the phone as normal. I played with the settings a bit yesterday and couldn't get it to work. Tested my sim in a friends phone and it worked no problem so I thought PM finally cut me off.
This morning I played with it some more. Deleted everything 10+ times, reset, airplane mode, just everything I could think of. Eventually the APN settings were back to the IP and port 80, which was good news. I updated it back to the proper settings, airplane mode, rebooted, and now MMS are working again.

What I have a problem with is that It stopped working in the middle of a group chat (MMS) conversation. I guess it's my phones fault. I have no idea. my bad.

golfball

@fixin1 wrote:

@Bester30 - At least people who are on the $15 250MB plan with 100min outgoing calls keep it unless they switch to another plan including the $15 unlimited talk & text.

Also the competition has $15 100min calling but with 250MB when on autopay.

Hopefully the competition will hold on to the 250MB so PM will bring it back to match them. Any data is much better than 0.

El_Gato

It sounds great but it’s not a rule. The reason some lose their bonus data while others are fortunate to keep it seems to be at the whim of the CS agent.  

El_Gato

That’s very cool!

SandyC

this makes zero sense to me. I understand that they are only offering the $21 plan to new subscribers but why would they refuse to give a plan that costs ($21) more to someone who is on a cheaper plan ($15)? where is the business sense in this ?

Also, i outright do not understand why some plans are only offered to new members. New membership numbers mean something for sure, but "losing subscribers" is also an important metric. But that's just me

golfball

I too was told by CS today that I could keep my 240Gb when downgrading from the $34 50GB to the "$25/20GB" for 90 days. They even said to let them know if the system automatically removes it, and they will re-add it.

El_Gato

I’m not sure if most realize that we are all responding and commenting to a person that presently is not working for Public Mobile. Maybe that’s why this thread is mostly out of control and allowed to swell to more than 5000 posts. 

SandyC

i pre-emptively asked if I can switch my plan to the $15 one and keep my 240GB data bonus and the agent replied yes. Taking a screenshot of it just in case

SandyC

agree. i think their FAQs leave so many questions unanswered. Thank you for trying to answer some of our questions here

Need Help? Let's chat.