Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,595 REPLIES 5,595

eyes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No … no …. No. Don’t know what I did wrong …… just logged in to my account that’s in stand by mode and  noticed that it is now on the point system  For some some  strange reason additional points have been added to my balance but my bonus data disappeared. I hope that my recent communication with CS wasn’t misunderstood- am contacting them again to hopefully reverse back to rewards.

PS.  Not possible and pointless to go back to the reward system. My account being switched to the point system was my fault in not giving a clear answer to CS  — oh well no more reason to be posting on this thread.  

eyes

Hi - is the following the post in question?

I’m just saying to take caution before switching plans. It wouldn’t hurt to just ask and confirm before regretting losing data. 

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Points: the revised loyalty program. Theses are the experiences of the mothership Telus. Its over-night mission: to expel old accounts; to weed out old clients and old subscriptions; to boldly destroy a subsidiary like no parent company has done before!

Model Citizen (MC) RetiredGuy’s log, Star date 2024.4.21 The unthinkable has happened. We’re days away from the forced migration to the points program with no indication of any compromise in sight.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Oracle: MC RetiredGuy, I’m receiving a signal from Admiral Entwistle from Telus Command

MC RetiredGuy: Put it in the Community Forum

Admiral Entwistle: MC RetiredGuy, we’re receiving reports of an uprising from the legacy rewards faction of the Public Mobilians. Can you confirm?

MC RetiredGuy: Yes Admiral. Some have left the Public Mobile universe, others are threatening to do so, and others are filing formal complaints with the United Federation of Telecoms.

Admiral Entwistle: I see. I assume this is over our Prime Directive to force migration to the points program. What are your recommendations for remedial action?

MC RetiredGuy: Well sir, our intel indicates the impact is too great all at once. Using 5+ year PM subscribers for example, they’re losing $60 a year in loyalty rewards and replaced with only 10 points ($10).  Perhaps a more gradual transition would provide a fairer outcome. If compensation for loyalty was incremently increased for 5 years, why not incrementally decrease it over the same time frame?

Admiral Entwistle: Could you articulate what you mean?

MC RetiredGuy: A 5+ year subscriber would receive 60, 48, 36, 24, and then the currently-proposed 10 points over the next 5 anniversary dates respectively. This would accumulate to a total of 178 points instead of 50 over the next 5 years. While this would cost Telus Command more money, it would also increase the likelihood of retaining customers. Of course, the cost to Telus Command would be less for those currently receiving between $2-$4 in monthly loyalty rewards.

Admiral Entwistle: Thank you MC RetiredGuy. So we still achieve our Prime Directive but with a gradual approach instead. We will take it under consideration. 

@Handy1 wrote:

I’m voting with wallet first , principle second and thirdly with pride . Pretty sure the grass is greener across the road anyways . Not like I’d have anything else to lose here other then snarky comments

You still have a ton of referrals or have they already left the building?  Anyway, I will miss you too when you are gone.  

Dbray43
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your statements are not totally right on no name.   We switched 2 lines over today and MMS is included.  LTE speeds on all plans.  But you are right.. no wifi calling or roaming which is fine for most people.   

Dbray43
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With the change in rewards and asking us to accept huge increases monthly due to broken promises, we have moved both of our long term accounts today away from pm to a company using the same tower network at a price very close to what we paid pm before the increase.  Perhaps we will be back again.. but with no loyalty to long term customers, the only thing Telus and pm will understand is a vote via our wallet.   Wish you all the best.   Goodbye! 

Camera4617

Another line moved.. Couple more to go.. Thank you PM again. You'll lose now 35$ per line that I moved.. 

beva-Hu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In the text message you didn't say that if I switch to a lower value plan, my bonus data will be removed, now they are gone, I thought I could make this as compensation ,as everyone know when switch to points reward, the rewards funds are lower, that is why old reward program holder likes to opt out. 

Michael6666

Well that's it! My last managed account is ported. So two old referrals remain until I convert them as well.. 

Goodbye beautiful community! 

RetiredGuy1

@ShawnC13  Good to know and should be reassuring for everybody. As community rewards result in a monetary benefit for recipients, it would be essential for PM to have internal controls in place to maintain integrity.

@Luddite  At one time I was an internal auditor and we had a variation of that saying too: “In God we trust, all others we audit”

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Wolfcore many have tried having the system and they do get caught as it becomes quite obvious what is going on

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

🤣🤣

RetiredGuy1

IMG_0472.jpeg

@Wolfcore   AFAIA, Oracles do try to keep a watch for some of these things but I don't believe they're required to do so under their oracle duties and I can imagine it becomes really difficult to police if one or more person keep creating new usernames to game or spam here.

Yes @dabr , I understand what you’re writing.

I didn’t intend my initial response to you (where you pointed out that Athens responded to me to something I responded to eyes about) to be taken otherwise.

@HALIMACS    Like I said earlier, I don't have a problem with someone having more than one community username and even posting separately as long as they're not pretending otherwise.  However, I can see it being  a problem when someone is making repetitive (same/similar) posts under their other usernames for obvious reasons.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wait a minute, weren't you the dude who claimed to have done a scientific study on Freedom's network being terrible, and then when asked to present your evidence, you wouldn't do it, but instead asked other users to pay you for it? I guess that wasn't factual either then 🤣

But yeah, I still see that you seem to have trouble grasping the concept of an estimation for some reason. It's actually not that difficult, believe it or not.

This whole place is based on anonymity @dabr 

Who cares how many different users are posting as one individual so long as the message is clear, promotes respectful discussion, and there is no gaming occurring for the benefit of one individual.

What perhaps happens is one user creates multiple accounts for other family members, and they create separate community IDs for each respective account.

HI @Luddite 

the post also said "If I were to state something as fact, I'd provide evidence."

so, no evidence provided, so it is not a fact.  But it said out loudly early that "thousands posts" were removed. So, that was simply a lie.  Or a bias against particular group on Community?

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 should definitely urge mods to investigate this. I can't see how this could possibly be within the rules if true. I can think of a dozen reasons as to why this is a problem, and if it's not against the rules, it definitely should be. A person could literally create a thread on one account, and use the other account to offer the solution immediately, thus rewarding them. They could also constantly use both accounts to Bravo each other, and cheat the system. This would not only cost the company money, but would also cheat other users out of possible rewards.

Not to mention other things, like using both accounts to manipulate topics, and harass other users, etc. If this practice is allowed, a person could just create an entire farming network using all of their referral's accounts, and just get free money every month for all of them, by piggybacking off of each other. Such an easy system to abuse, and should be shut down. Also very easy to track down, assuming a person is dumb enough to not mask their ip.

"It's definitely far more than 100-200 though, that estimate isn't even close. There were some nights a few weeks ago where we'd have 50+ messages deleted almost every night (other members have noticed this as well)"

Well now, on the subject of opinion vs fact, the saying I like is: "in god we trust, all others must bring verifiable data". Otherwise we might as all don specialized communication gear to pick up full story.

Posts? No see'em.Posts? No see'em.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ATHENS wrote:

CS agent may have given me wrong information but I think one should proceed with caution and confirm with CS before changing plans-  Cut and pasting CS reply to my question of switching plans >>>>>>>>>If you change your plan, regardless if it upgrade (higher value) or downgrade (lower value) you will lose the bonus data acorded for the  switch to Public Points program.

HI @ATHENS 

confusing.  FAQ clearly said downgrade only

@eyes wrote:

I’m just saying to take caution before switching plans. It wouldn’t hurt to just ask and confirm before regretting losing data. 

HI @ATHENS 

thanks for confirming

@HALIMACS   I don't have a problem with someone having more than one community username (for another account) and posting as long it's clear and they're open about it, however, it was just confusing to see eyes responding to a post addressed to athens as in a first person response.

@dabr wrote:
dabr_0-1713639865165.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire wrote:

33m ago

"That's interesting @ATHENS , but a cop out in my opinion.

Perhaps they've gotten a number of users downgrading, losing out data bonus's, then maybe pleading to reinstate their higher value plan in an attempt to recapture the 'lost' data bonus.

Maybe they've gotten tired of dealing with the requests so they've decided to make a blanket policy that any changes will result in a loss of bonus data.

Poor execution on their part, regretfully."

eyes

15m ago

"I’m just saying to take caution before switching plans. It wouldn’t hurt to just ask and confirm before regretting losing data."

Hmm...I thought HALIMACS was responding to ATHENS but you replied on his behalf?

I don't mind @dabr 

Whether one in the same user with a different community login, or simply another user weighing in, this place should welcome folks offering diverse views on discussions amongst all members.

It's a Community, after all.  🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire wrote:

33m ago

"That's interesting @ATHENS , but a cop out in my opinion.

Perhaps they've gotten a number of users downgrading, losing out data bonus's, then maybe pleading to reinstate their higher value plan in an attempt to recapture the 'lost' data bonus.

Maybe they've gotten tired of dealing with the requests so they've decided to make a blanket policy that any changes will result in a loss of bonus data.

Poor execution on their part, regretfully."

eyes

15m ago

"I’m just saying to take caution before switching plans. It wouldn’t hurt to just ask and confirm before regretting losing data."

Hmm...I thought HALIMACS was responding to ATHENS but you replied on his behalf?

edit: however, a good idea to check beforehand with CSA's although it's not always the case that they have the correct information to relay.

eyes

That's interesting @ATHENS , but a cop out in my opinion.

Poor execution on their part, regretfully.

EdN

Public mobile could give you 1000 gb of data.  If it expires before you can use it does it matter?  It was all just a publicity stunt.  "Look at us giving all these customers these unusable big data bonuses while we're sticking it to them $ wise". FOAD

And that’s where it’s completely unfair, @joe77 

I don’t necessarily agree one should retain the 240 GB, however, it should be no less than 5 GB on the change such as yours.

Need Help? Let's chat.