Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,486 REPLIES 5,486

"It's definitely far more than 100-200 though, that estimate isn't even close. There were some nights a few weeks ago where we'd have 50+ messages deleted almost every night (other members have noticed this as well)"

Well now, on the subject of opinion vs fact, the saying I like is: "in god we trust, all others must bring verifiable data". Otherwise we might as all don specialized communication gear to pick up full story.

Posts? No see'em.Posts? No see'em.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ATHENS wrote:

CS agent may have given me wrong information but I think one should proceed with caution and confirm with CS before changing plans-  Cut and pasting CS reply to my question of switching plans >>>>>>>>>If you change your plan, regardless if it upgrade (higher value) or downgrade (lower value) you will lose the bonus data acorded for the  switch to Public Points program.

HI @ATHENS 

confusing.  FAQ clearly said downgrade only

@eyes wrote:

I’m just saying to take caution before switching plans. It wouldn’t hurt to just ask and confirm before regretting losing data. 

HI @ATHENS 

thanks for confirming

@HALIMACS   I don't have a problem with someone having more than one community username (for another account) and posting as long it's clear and they're open about it, however, it was just confusing to see eyes responding to a post addressed to athens as in a first person response.

@dabr wrote:
dabr_0-1713639865165.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire wrote:

33m ago

"That's interesting @ATHENS , but a cop out in my opinion.

Perhaps they've gotten a number of users downgrading, losing out data bonus's, then maybe pleading to reinstate their higher value plan in an attempt to recapture the 'lost' data bonus.

Maybe they've gotten tired of dealing with the requests so they've decided to make a blanket policy that any changes will result in a loss of bonus data.

Poor execution on their part, regretfully."

eyes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

15m ago

"I’m just saying to take caution before switching plans. It wouldn’t hurt to just ask and confirm before regretting losing data."

Hmm...I thought HALIMACS was responding to ATHENS but you replied on his behalf?

I don't mind @dabr 

Whether one in the same user with a different community login, or simply another user weighing in, this place should welcome folks offering diverse views on discussions amongst all members.

It's a Community, after all.  🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire wrote:

33m ago

"That's interesting @ATHENS , but a cop out in my opinion.

Perhaps they've gotten a number of users downgrading, losing out data bonus's, then maybe pleading to reinstate their higher value plan in an attempt to recapture the 'lost' data bonus.

Maybe they've gotten tired of dealing with the requests so they've decided to make a blanket policy that any changes will result in a loss of bonus data.

Poor execution on their part, regretfully."

eyes

15m ago

"I’m just saying to take caution before switching plans. It wouldn’t hurt to just ask and confirm before regretting losing data."

Hmm...I thought HALIMACS was responding to ATHENS but you replied on his behalf?

edit: however, a good idea to check beforehand with CSA's although it's not always the case that they have the correct information to relay.

eyes

I’m just saying to take caution before switching plans. It wouldn’t hurt to just ask and confirm before regretting losing data. 

That's interesting @ATHENS , but a cop out in my opinion.

Poor execution on their part, regretfully.

EdN

Public mobile could give you 1000 gb of data.  If it expires before you can use it does it matter?  It was all just a publicity stunt.  "Look at us giving all these customers these unusable big data bonuses while we're sticking it to them $ wise". FOAD

ATHENS

CS agent may have given me wrong information but I think one should proceed with caution and confirm with CS before changing plans-  Cut and pasting CS reply to my question of switching plans >>>>>>>>>If you change your plan, regardless if it upgrade (higher value) or downgrade (lower value) you will lose the bonus data acorded for the  switch to Public Points program.

And that’s where it’s completely unfair, @joe77 

I don’t necessarily agree one should retain the 240 GB, however, it should be no less than 5 GB on the change such as yours.

joe77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Camera4617 

In my case, my wife and I both had the $34 40gb plan.  She downgraded to the $29 plan and kept all of her 240gb bonus data.  As for mine, I downgraded to the $15 plan and lost all of it... not even the 5gb that those plans had initially received.

hi @Camera4617 generally speaking downgrade plan would loss the bonus add-on.  Some might got away somehow but it is YMMV, could be system glitch but they would have fixed that any time

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Between the switch to the points program, replacing 1 point for every month with PM to generally useless bonus data with an expiry date, and now a measly offer of 15 points for winback, I can only think of one useful purpose these recent decisions by PM serve. Canadian universities can now update their marketing courses curriculum with a case study on what NOT to do.

Camera4617

Does it mean if I downgrade from 34$ to 29$ I will keep that bonus? Not sure if that's mentioned somewhere in the posts. 

That certainly sounds about right @RetiredGuy1 

I wonder if anyone on 40/50/60/$75 plan downgraded to the $29+ plan if they retained the same  bonus?

Anyone?

ashishg1

Its still hard to believe that a company basically loved by its loyal customers did such a 180 that has turned itself into a laughing stock. Everyone is laughing over at RFD too. Did some management that takes care of Loyalty and offers change? Even if PM doesnt bring back old rewards to save face they should still at least fire whoever is responsible for this debacle.

That’s kinda comforting @ShawnC13 , thank you.

Though it happens to many, it wouldn’t be fair for anyone’s work activities/involvement to cause such.

@HALIMACS ,J_PM's leave had nothing to do with the community or even the whole company. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

atan2003

Winback: Get 15 Points for coming back to Public Mobile

How pathetic! Haha!

atan2003_0-1713624140069.png

RetiredGuy1

@HALIMACS Without formal communication of these details from PM its hard to know for certain but, from what I’ve read on RFD: “Lower price plans get less bonus data. It seems like $15 plan customers got 5 GB, $25 customers got 30 GB and $29 + customers got 240 GB”

fixin1

@HALIMACS - I presume $29+ is 240GB & $28 and lower is either 30GB for $20 or 5GB for $19 and lower plans?

I definitely know the 240GB is $29+ but the others I am unsure.

I presume (& may be incorrect) that the data bonus was issued for ranges of plan value.

So as long as a user remains in a certain plan value range, they may not lose their data bonus if lowering to a plan value within the same range value.

What i don’t know is what those plan values ranges are.

RetiredGuy1

@computergeek541  Understood and thank you for the explanation. While I was only speaking for my own situation, I did notice posts on RFD and reddit from others who moved down from $30+ plans to the $29 one but I agree who knows if its a glitch or just for specific situations. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Curious to read what developments occur on this thread today related to the thread topic which, if I recall, is the mandatory switching of all Legacy Reward customers over to Public Points.

Would 'weigh in' on recent discussions, but rather not be pounced upon by anyone.

NOTHING is to be gained.

On another note, I wonder if J_PM's taking some time way is in any way associated with this on-going change.   

I'm not suggesting (at all) that it is - I'm just wondering.

(EDITED:  not that this is any of our business … 😣 )

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

@ShawnC13  Yes, I knew that. I was correcting @computergeek541 statement that “The data bonus is only lost after changing to a lower priced plan.”

Thanks for the information about changing from a $34 to a $29 plan.  As for my statement about that, the offically published policy does say that the bonus will be lost if changing to any lower priced plan.  When I said that the information about a CSA saying that the bonus data would be lost after any plan change, the CSA was entirely mistaken as the information previously provided to customers doesn't even say that.

I don't doubt that you were able to keep your data bonus after changing to $29 plans.  However, I wouldn't able to say if that was a glitch or mistake on Public Mobile's side of things, or if it's repeatable in all situations.  I also wouldn't be able to say if such a glitch by Public Mobile only applies to changing from specific plans such as the $34 plan, when changing to another specific plan (example: $29 plan), or if it's specific only to some accounts.  The difficulty of me informing others that you can switch to a lower priced plan but still keep your bonus would be how there could be more upset customers if the bonus data really did get removed after being advised that it wouldn't.

RetiredGuy1

@computergeek541  Thank you for the explanation and I can appreciate its a delicate balance. From a non-Oracle perspective, it does seem like in some instances a post is removed within minutes while in instances like tonight a whole whack of posts were made over hours and it just came across as open season in here. I wholeheartedly agree that $20 a month is no incentive for any reasonable person to put in the effort you guys do! Thanks and good night.

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

Oracles - fabulous job this evening - at this point, why even bother having the Lounge? 

Please be aware that it's not the job of the Oracles to monitor and to enforce policies of this message forum, but we do have the authority to take actions at our descretion.  It's quite tricky situation because we Oralces take action, one member won't be happy about it, but if Oracles don't take action, they are equally are criticized for not taking action.  When Oracles try to clean up a thread, this is entirely voluntary.  If the critcicsm of the Oralces is that we receive $20 for moderating these forums, we really don't receive it for that.  $20 is barely one hour of work at minimum wage. The Oracles spend much more than 1 hour in the Community per month.

@Wolfcore , have you been reporting it then?  That is how things get elevated and let the CSA's and PM staff look into it as it will create some history of the actions.  I know they are here or been moved but PM is understaffed and they don't spend time in the community.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I believe that the targeted harassment we've been seeing, along with the constant spamming across dozens of posts, is far worse than some "not nice" tags which could have just been turned off (and they were eventually). To me, what's been happening here should be considered "extreme spamming", as it's far more widespread than tags on a single post. But fair enough, thanks for the information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.