Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,123 REPLIES 5,123

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS Without formal communication of these details from PM its hard to know for certain but, from what I’ve read on RFD: “Lower price plans get less bonus data. It seems like $15 plan customers got 5 GB, $25 customers got 30 GB and $29 + customers got 240 GB”

fixin1

@HALIMACS - I presume $29+ is 240GB & $28 and lower is either 30GB for $20 or 5GB for $19 and lower plans?

I definitely know the 240GB is $29+ but the others I am unsure.

I presume (& may be incorrect) that the data bonus was issued for ranges of plan value.

So as long as a user remains in a certain plan value range, they may not lose their data bonus if lowering to a plan value within the same range value.

What i don’t know is what those plan values ranges are.

RetiredGuy1

@computergeek541  Understood and thank you for the explanation. While I was only speaking for my own situation, I did notice posts on RFD and reddit from others who moved down from $30+ plans to the $29 one but I agree who knows if its a glitch or just for specific situations. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Curious to read what developments occur on this thread today related to the thread topic which, if I recall, is the mandatory switching of all Legacy Reward customers over to Public Points.

Would 'weigh in' on recent discussions, but rather not be pounced upon by anyone.

NOTHING is to be gained.

On another note, I wonder if J_PM's taking some time way is in any way associated with this on-going change.   

I'm not suggesting (at all) that it is - I'm just wondering.

(EDITED:  not that this is any of our business … 😣 )

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

@ShawnC13  Yes, I knew that. I was correcting @computergeek541 statement that “The data bonus is only lost after changing to a lower priced plan.”

Thanks for the information about changing from a $34 to a $29 plan.  As for my statement about that, the offically published policy does say that the bonus will be lost if changing to any lower priced plan.  When I said that the information about a CSA saying that the bonus data would be lost after any plan change, the CSA was entirely mistaken as the information previously provided to customers doesn't even say that.

I don't doubt that you were able to keep your data bonus after changing to $29 plans.  However, I wouldn't able to say if that was a glitch or mistake on Public Mobile's side of things, or if it's repeatable in all situations.  I also wouldn't be able to say if such a glitch by Public Mobile only applies to changing from specific plans such as the $34 plan, when changing to another specific plan (example: $29 plan), or if it's specific only to some accounts.  The difficulty of me informing others that you can switch to a lower priced plan but still keep your bonus would be how there could be more upset customers if the bonus data really did get removed after being advised that it wouldn't.

RetiredGuy1

@computergeek541  Thank you for the explanation and I can appreciate its a delicate balance. From a non-Oracle perspective, it does seem like in some instances a post is removed within minutes while in instances like tonight a whole whack of posts were made over hours and it just came across as open season in here. I wholeheartedly agree that $20 a month is no incentive for any reasonable person to put in the effort you guys do! Thanks and good night.

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

Oracles - fabulous job this evening - at this point, why even bother having the Lounge? 

Please be aware that it's not the job of the Oracles to monitor and to enforce policies of this message forum, but we do have the authority to take actions at our descretion.  It's quite tricky situation because we Oralces take action, one member won't be happy about it, but if Oracles don't take action, they are equally are criticized for not taking action.  When Oracles try to clean up a thread, this is entirely voluntary.  If the critcicsm of the Oralces is that we receive $20 for moderating these forums, we really don't receive it for that.  $20 is barely one hour of work at minimum wage. The Oracles spend much more than 1 hour in the Community per month.

@Wolfcore , have you been reporting it then?  That is how things get elevated and let the CSA's and PM staff look into it as it will create some history of the actions.  I know they are here or been moved but PM is understaffed and they don't spend time in the community.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I believe that the targeted harassment we've been seeing, along with the constant spamming across dozens of posts, is far worse than some "not nice" tags which could have just been turned off (and they were eventually). To me, what's been happening here should be considered "extreme spamming", as it's far more widespread than tags on a single post. But fair enough, thanks for the information. 

Wolfcore

I don't know how many posts have been deleted/moved, I can't possibly know this, it's literally impossible for me to know this, as I don't have access to the internals of this forum. Therefore, it's impossible for what I said to be anything other than an estimate. I was using my best judgement based on how many messages I've seen deleted over the past month and a half. 

What you said, could have been easily verified within minutes (which is what I did). You saying "nothing has been said in 5.5 weeks", has an objective answer, that we can all see. So I don't understand how you were "giving an opinion" with that. But maybe you are talking about something else, and not this. You didn't specify, so I'm forced to guess.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree. The change is almost upon us, so this thread won't matter much longer anyway. Thanks for doing what you do regardless.

@Wolfcore , I don't know.  Banning is done by the PM employees and when J_PM was here she would tell us that she would be taking information back to the team for decision like this.

The member that you told me about was an extreme spammer that tagged the announcement post with almost 100 tags at once that would show up on ever page, and they were not nice messages.

Honestly PM/Telus don't need to allow any of us to post here if they don't want us to.  Raise a ticket and Private Message with CSA's is really all they need us to be able to do.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RetiredGuy1

I’m simply making an observation that some user posts get removed because they’re agitating or egging someone on. Its probably happened to me. But, be honest, do you think all of your posts this evening have not contributed in one way or another to the free-for-all that has gone on? If you do, theres nothing more to discuss with me. If you agree that they have, then its not a no win situation. As someone with the power to remove posts and effectively silence others then just lead by example.

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Let me guess they are all banned members that have multiple accounts banned.

Edit: typo

With all due respect, if some of us posted this it would be removed for agitating. The fact you received a bravo from a fellow Oracle is not a good look either.

So other community members can make a guess or estimate something and if I move it I get criticized, I make a post and get criticized.  I am willing to spend my time going through and making sure the posts are all on topic if you like?  It would probably decrease this thread by a lot of the posts that are here now.

Stuck in a no win here.  I am trying to let the discussion flow and get criticized for that and asked to move posts.  I move posts and I am silencing and controlling how the discussion and message is presented.

Edited to add: how is guessing who is DM'ing him agitating it has already been stated that banned members have been sending messages to people.

Wolfcore

Thanks. I actually don't expect Oracles to be able to be around 24/7, so I understand that there will be periods of time where certain posts stay up. But I am very curious why they appear to be selective, and why certain posts are continued to be allowed. Like the images saying "goodnight", in clearly an antagonizing/harassing way, why are those still up, but my responses to them removed? At the very least, those should be considered spam, as they have nothing to do with this thread.

Also, at what point does a user get recommended for banning/removal from this thread? How much does one actually have to spam for example, before they are removed? I remember early on I told you about a user that was banned from this thread, and I don't think they did anything compared to what I'm seeing now. Are there no thresholds for spam? You can just spam forever, and your posts will just be removed (but you yourself will never get banned)?

Edit: Thank you

@Wolfcore wrote:

I wouldn't call that a lie, I would call that an estimate. "Thousands" can mean anywhere between 1000 and 999,999. Do I believe that at least 1000 messages have been deleted/moved from this thread alone? Definitely. But once again, this is called an opinion; a guess. You seem to have trouble understanding what those are.

@Wolfcore, this is what I don't understand I state an opion and you say I am either lying or calling someone a liar.

RetiredGuy1

Are you the only Oracle?

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

Oracles - fabulous job this evening - at this point, why even bother having the Lounge? 

@RetiredGuy1 , what are you expecting an Oracle to be here 24 hours?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Wolfcore moved those posts and 11 or so replies went with one of them if you are wondering where they went.  Was out and trying to do stuff on this community from phone is not easy

RetiredGuy1

RetiredGuy1

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Let me guess they are all banned members that have multiple accounts banned.

Edit: typo

With all due respect, if some of us posted this it would be removed for agitating. The fact you received a bravo from a fellow Oracle is not a good look either.

RetiredGuy1

All I know is its a good thing my parodies get removed….just imagine the free-for-all we’d have in here

HI @fixin1 

with @Wolfcore so picky on other choice of words and quickly draw conclusion about people lying, I would be surpise he just use word thousands to mean anywhere between 1000 and 999,999

and to be honest, even one thousand post removed and left with 4000 here is an unreasonable estimation.

Yes, he can use "opinion" to sugar code his lie, but he stamped others' "options" as lie or simply conclude me has trouble understand him.  Funny member

Wolfcore

If I were to state something as fact, I'd provide evidence. I'm simply giving my opinions, based on what I see. I've already told him this, but he doesn't seem to be able to grasp the concept. It's definitely far more than 100-200 though, that estimate isn't even close. There were some nights a few weeks ago where we'd have 50+ messages deleted almost every night (other members have noticed this as well). 

fixin1

@hTideGnow - @Wolfcore - Probably 100 - 200 posts out of 4000. Probably even less than that.

So yes, that probably is fake - over exaggeration of Wolfcore's post.

EDIT: Opinions are Opinions, so Wolfcore has a point.

EDIT (Again): People don't know if you are meaning an Opinion or a Fact. So hTideGnow probably got mixed up there.

Wolfcore

I wouldn't call that a lie, I would call that an estimate. "Thousands" can mean anywhere between 1000 and 999,999. Do I believe that at least 1000 messages have been deleted/moved from this thread alone? Definitely. But once again, this is called an opinion; a guess. You seem to have trouble understanding what those are.

@Wolfcore wrote:

We've had thousands of messages be deleted/moved from this thread/forum, 

HI @Wolfcore 

how can you lie like this? there are still just 4000 replies here and you said thousanddeleted and moved?

Just say hundreds and that will make it more believable 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.