Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,485 REPLIES 5,485

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

We should be in the timeline now of the first CCTS complaints being wrapped up.  I have seen one I think posted that it was closed but have there been any other results posted?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Matty1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've read some comments on here blaming Trudeau and Biden, which is so weird and bizarre. It's like I walked into my girlfriend's Albertan family barbeque 

@Wolfcore  you mention Oracles harassing members, don't paint all Oracles with one brush.  If it is me you feel that way say it.  You have been the one telling members they are avoiding battles.  This community is not about battles.

My family has two $29/30GB plan and two $34/50GB Can-US plans and many referrals that have the same plans.  Even not taking in referrals or points I haven't seen a plan that beats those.  Take into account our referrals, annual points (as minimal as they may be) PM is still the best financially for our family.

Accusing people of lying is something that you have done a lot in this thread but now saying Oracles are morally corrupt is going a little far.  There has been a great amount of freedom to this thread but there is seriously no need for personal attacks.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, that's possible too. This is what's called an "opinion"; we're all allowed to have one. Thanks for stating the obvious. I could be wrong, you could be wrong. I could be right, you could be right. I'm not stating something as fact, I'm stating an opinion.

HI @RetiredGuy1 

since a weeks ago , CCTS already closing case confirming they have no power to stop PM from changing the system.  Just a matter of time they close them all

Not a result we like, and PM definitely can do better.  it is more customers time to decide, stay, or move on. 

Also, it is also time for everyone on this thread and move on and stop attacking

HI @kb_mv 

I agree wholeheartedly it is time to lock this thread.  There is really no value since Page 3 of this thread

@Wolfcore instead of "The vast majority of customers still don't know about this decision", maybe most of them knew by now and they just don't take the same view as you?  Like, they did what they have to do (stay, or change carrier or submit complaints) instead of coming here to attack others?  And you sound so like those politicians too,  if people don't agree with you. they are just minority?  LoL

Is your Campaign slogan : "Make PM Great again" .. or "Take PM Back"  or "Take $7 Back"??

if you run, I will vote for you, I don't mind to take the free ride and get my free money back

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I agree most aspects have been very well covered by now and I guess the next item of interest will be the CCTS process concluding as the timeframes must be nearing an end. Not just for that reason, but on principle, I don’t agree the thread should be locked. Considering different viewpoints can provide value and, as @ShawnC13 has previously stated - providing information to help people make informed decisions. I agree with that and would just add that you don’t necessarily have to be an Oracle to be in that position. So, lets continue the thread in a constructive and meaningful way.

Wolfcore

What are you going on about? We've had like one or two people mention these things, and they were moved by Oracles, because "politics isn't allowed". Sounds like more gaslighting to me.

99.9% of this thread is about displeasure with the decision PM has made. Closing it would just be them trying to hide from their decision, and trying to prevent their customers from voicing their concerns. All of these posts would just become their own individual threads, and would make a mess of the forum. 

The vast majority of customers still don't know about this decision, and will only figure it out once they receive their first credit card statement. So really, I think this topic is only just getting started.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

This thread has become less and less about displeasure with PM and more and more about blaming it on Trudeau and Biden and blaming communism that we are too dumb to see in front of our eyes not to mention attacking each other. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, I am not taking sides. But honestly, after 159 pages and almost 4800 replies, there is nothing new that can be added. Anyone just learning of PM's decision can easily find within the thread options with different providers as well as how and where to complain. I really think it's time to lock the topic.

Edit: spelling

Wolfcore

For people that didn't see the first message, here's eyes doing exactly what he proclaims others to be doing. Said that somebody has no brains (clearly an insult). I don't know why there are two nearly identical posts with no edits, and one is in the lounge, but this one is still here, but regardless, this shows you the type of hypocrisy we're dealing with:

Well I'll give you the benefit of just being lacking between your ears ----- The reason that even CS Agent advise to place your phone in lost stolen is because if you have available funds in your account - even if you have disabled auto pay the funds will be automatically drawn and your plan activated. Perhaps one of our Oracles can jump in to confirm what I say.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Re-Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

eyes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well I'll give you the benefit of not being aware  ----- 

RetiredGuy1

I’d make a comment but it would get deleted (like this one likely will) as I noticed my earlier post pointing out how the transition in May for those whose cycle date is before the end of the 30-day period from recent texts is not being handled very well by PM either. It would appear some mods are getting quite trigger happy.

Wolfcore

Nono, definitely not all of them (I've said this before, should have stated it again). There are a few Oracles out there who aren't doing any of this, and they've mostly stayed away from this thread. 

I wouldn’t paint them all with the same brush , but unfortunately it just takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch . Otherwise your self and retired guy1 certainly have captured the correct picture /overview and it cannot be denied . But hey misery loves company 

@RetiredGuy1 , yes even PM should have laid it out better in their explanation

RetiredGuy1

@ShawnC13  Yes, I knew that. I was correcting @computergeek541 statement that “The data bonus is only lost after changing to a lower priced plan.”

Wolfcore

It's still crazy to me that we have Oracles harassing members, and making snarky/passive aggressive comments, all while preaching that we should be respectful to each other.

But yeah, people are acting like PM is this amazing bastion of deals (mostly oracles), when in reality, without the legacy rewards, PM lags behind just about everyone. I've compared $34/$29 price points, and @RetiredGuy1 did the "1-2gb" plan comparisons. I think PM was almost objectively at the bottom of all of them. 

I understand though, the Oracles gotta protect the company that's paying them, so it makes sense. They aren't going to find a $20 monthly discount with any other company, and that's massive (almost pays for ones entire phone bill), so they'll do what they gotta do to protect it, even if that means lying, or placing morals aside.

BainTrain55

I understand PM's loophole of converting rewards to points. EXCEPT they are taking away autopay completely. None of the other old rewards (loyal, referrals etc) had anything to do with agreeing to taking money straight out of my account in exchange for those rewards. Thats my problem.  Auto pay was different in that regard. It was the only reward that was agreed upon them taking money straight from my account for the reward.

I’m voting with wallet first , principle second and thirdly with pride . Pretty sure the grass is greener across the road anyways . Not like I’d have anything else to lose here other then snarky comments

Wolfcore

you seem to make a lot of post on how Oracles censor and control this discussion and how we are working overtime in this thread to complete that task.  If that was true every off topic post, or adverisement of other providers would have been removed

Maybe you've forgotten, but you already made this exact point, and I answered it. It's a silly premise.

As for working overtime, I don't think that is true as I have only been able to be in the thread at the end of the day to take a look at the daily posts.

You don't have to make an appearance to be "working overtime". We're constantly seeing messages get deleted/moved, especially during the night. Mods/oracles are just quietly controlling things, especially in the background. That being said, in my case, I was using this more in the slang sense, not in a literal sense, which means "they are using a lot of energy, effort, or enthusiasm trying to do it".

I think this thread has provided a lot of information on both sides and I hope it stays that way, but I also want it to stay on topic and most importantly stay respectful between community members

I think we're way past this. We have Oracles openly harassing members, we have Oracles like yourself lying in order to protect PM (still waiting on your response to that), we have Oracles going off topic themselves, then removing evidence of all their wrongdoings, etc. It's easy to pretend to want to take the high road when you're able to control what everyone sees. 

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

I changed from a $34 plan to a $29 plan and kept the 240 GB bonus.

@RetiredGuy1 , the $29 plan was also given 240GB of data that is why you kept it.  If you had lowered it any further you would have had it removed.

@Handy1 wrote:

@RetiredGuy1  Me to but I’m making  concerted effort to use up the data and available funds before I jump ship 

Voting with your emotions or your wallet?  😂

eyes

They will now give a percentage of your payment in points. And yes other than perhaps convenience there is no reward incentive for enabling auto pay. 

BainTrain55

But they arent giving any reward anymore for auto pay whatsoever so how would I be getting points? I understand they are basically giving points now for all the rewards except for auto pay, which they arent giving anything for it anymore. Thats where im getting confused. They are going to be making me autopay without giving me anything at all. Shouldn't PM be sending me a new electronic document to checkbox to say yes I agree to them auto renewing without giving me the $2 reward since they are just completely taking it away and not giving points either? Or else they arent holding up their end of the bargain and just taking my money.

eyes

Depending on your plan’s cost you may get more or perhaps less than $2 equivalent in points. 

BainTrain55

So in my agreement with PM where I was offered the $2 off a month in exchange for allowing PM to auto renew my account(AKA allow them to take money straight from my bank account). What happens next month when they auto renew(which they will) and I don't receive the $2? Wont that be considered stealing from me? 

eyes

PM. Seems to change and revise plans as often as I change socks - One day you grab a plan with 10 go data the next day the same plan with 20 go and so on. Who knows what’s next - I’m just putting my plan on lost stolen and waiting it out. Of course I do have my main plan with Bell. 

LesterJH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The old reward is the reason to keep me with Public mobile, so after the switch most likely I will definitely look for another alternatives.

eyes

Instead of wasting your data and account funds  —Why not just put your plan on hold by enabling list stolen and wait it out?

In the mean time since you plan to leave anyway just get a new plan of your choice.

Need Help? Let's chat.