Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,502 REPLIES 5,502

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nothing is coincidental. There's either an algorithm to detect something, or there isn't. If a feature just randomly works sometimes, and then randomly stops working, and has been doing this for years, you either have incompetent programmers, or you're lying. But it also wouldn't randomly only apply to certain users and certain posts. If they have incompetent people running this thing, then fair enough, but it's definitely very suspicious, and wouldn't make sense to be operating this way from a programming standpoint. Thanks for the info anyway, appreciate it.

@Wolfcore It is coincidental. It happens to me in waves. One day I am posting something generic and it disappears. After a few deleted posts I usually give up and the next day everything is fine. Search disappearing posts on here. It isn't targeted at you. Here are some of my rejected items:

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 12.01.03 PM.png

Wolfcore

I've been in this thread for what, 5 weeks? This hasn't happened once to me. 200+ posts. Now all of a sudden it does? Very coincidental.

@Wolfcore wrote:

Hmm, just posted a message and it was auto-deleted? That's new. Maybe they're not allowing certain links now, or banning certain keywords? Interesting

@Wolfcore Your repost was deleted after I had a chance to read it. This has happened to me on and off over the years. There is no rhyme or reason for it. You can see your deleted posts at the link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected 

joe77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both CS agents were respectful in their replies, just couldn't change my sub to the $24 plan because, in one case, the system didn't allow it...  and in the second, it was only for new subs.  

One of them did offer to help me change my plan from my old $34 40gb plan to the new $34 50gb plan... LOL 

I'm also on the $15 plan now and just burning up old data I've had for years.

Wolfcore

Hmm, message auto-deleted again, even without the link now. This is very interesting. Either this thread is being live-monitored heavily, or they're banning certain keywords.

Wolfcore

Hmm, just posted a message and it was auto-deleted? That's new. Maybe they're not allowing certain links now, or banning certain keywords? Interesting

eyes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Strange —- In my experience CS. Agents have always been very obliging. A few months ago I asked if I could get the very expired 5G Black Friday deal and right away got it. HOWEVER  because of the subject announcement I let it go and downgraded to the cheapy , snail paced $15 3G plan that I may let die a natural death unless they reverse or made to reverse the planned switch to the point system. 

@NoseyNick1 wrote:

Another really obscure option to investigate for those looking to abandon the sinking ship...

Anyone ever heard of https://rasamobile.com/plans.php ? Almost GLOBAL coverage at similar prices to everyone else? Any good? What's the catch? Seems you need to use a special app for your voice calls?

@NoseyNick1 Looks like a VOIP provider using their app. Other than the 1GB/$15 plan (plus $.05/MB over) the others are way more expensive (3GB/$35, 5GB/$65) plus if you want a local Canadian number it's another $10/month (turns the $15 plan into 1GB/$25 per month). Support is like here so anyone who has complained about no one to call here will not like it there.

Edit: All their plans have a list of countries (including China) that I assumed meant you could call/roam those for the plan cost. But they offer a China add on (250 mins) for $5/month. It's very confusing.

Wolfcore

"Seemingly hinted at a compromise"

It was just a feeling I got when I started seeing Oracles (and certain people), randomly start asking (in a professional manner), if we'd be willing to accept some sort of compromise, and if so, what. Obviously I couldn't confirm whether or not my suspicions were correct, and that's why I used the word "seemingly". You're saying it's not true, so thanks for the confirmation 🙂

joe77

Hi @HALIMACS and @ily 

I'd also be interested in knowing what kind of freebies PM was giving away.

In my case, I requested a downgrade to the $24 plan twice and was rejected both times.

NoseyNick1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another really obscure option to investigate for those looking to abandon the sinking ship...

Anyone ever heard of https://rasamobile.com/plans.php ? Almost GLOBAL coverage at similar prices to everyone else? Any good? What's the catch? Seems you need to use a special app for your voice calls?

NoseyNick1

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Longer-Than-Normal-Support-Wait-Times/t...

Can't think why!  😄  😉

What's perhaps surprising is a few posts on that thread from people who are trying to port INTO PM, if i understand right?

eyes

I suspect that it would be appreciated by all if @J_PM would extend us the courtesy with any kind of update positive or negative regarding to this situation.

jtennyuk

Lol, I think you're right! They cut their $29 plan from 20GB to 10GB...I really think Telus/PM would rather just get rid of their lower tier customers entirely than retain them on cheaper plans. Thanks for the heads up on No Name.

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Holiday888 

I anticipated posts such as yours several hundred posts ago when I suggested the idea of pinning specific posts at the top of the thread (similar to other online forums). I think, with well over 4,000 posts now (and we’re not even in May yet when many PM customers who have not been active here will be in for an unpleasant surprise), perhaps even just one pinned “Thread Summary” would be useful and appreciated by many. Of course, it should be fact-based only (i.e. CCTS somplaints have been made, some were accepted, still awaiting the process to play out, etc.). Obviously, it would need to be updated as developments unfold. Perhaps there is a limitation on this site that would not allow for such an idea? I really don’t know. Anyway, its just a suggestion offered with the intent to be helpful.

Sandalwood1

Just recently learned of NoName mobile making it to the mobility scene !! With no Telus or Public Mobile comments or even a compromise on the Legacy rewards fiasco or plan enhancements for legacy customers to stay to ease the pain. lol PM even increased prices $24 plan now $26 and lowered the data allotment on their $29 plan ?? Is management here living in a bubble ??? Better deals and offers elsewhere. With crickets from Telus/PM it really does show they are turning around and walking away from customers. I have just over 2 weeks to port out. I will ride the train till the end and switch before my next billing period. Noname $24/5gb plan for the wife and the $149 Freedom yearly prepaid for me. I have also recommend to my 4 referrals port out by their next billing cycle... High Fives P.M. !

@ily wrote:

@Wolfcore wrote:

Other than some people getting some stuff by complaining to CS Agents (free months of service, extra data, etc).

Who got free months of service for complaining to CS Agents? I only got a copy-paste too-bad-cant-help-you kinda response.

I second that inquiry, @ily 

Can anyone reading this thread advise if they received any free months of service or extra data, etc, for complaining to them about this proposed change?

I could surely see them giving out something in lieu of a customer's 'error' in downgrading a plan after the data bonus's were doled out, however not strictly for expressing displeasure around the still-proposed Legacy to Public Points rewards change.

Anyone out there who got this - please kindly weigh in.   

ily

@Wolfcore wrote:

Other than some people getting some stuff by complaining to CS Agents (free months of service, extra data, etc).

Who got free months of service for complaining to CS Agents? I only got a copy-paste too-bad-cant-help-you kinda response.

Bottomshelf

This is nothing new that I haven't previously said but that was hundreds (thousands?) of posts ago. 

There must be a lot of dollars involved for PM to push this through to the new point system.  If it was about consolidating customers to the point system PM would have traded equal dollars on the old plan to an equal amount of points.

I'm on the $15 plan and my next and final reward statement will be $1!  As of now I was supposed to pay $6, maximum loyalty of 5 years, auto pay and 2 referrals.  I received an email today stating I was in the "Top 10%" for March and therefore eligible for $5 off my next bill leaving me with the $1 bill, ($6 - $5).  This surprised me because I may have made only 3-4 posts on this topic and a couple of other posts on a different topic.

It doesn't make economical sense for me to switch to another provider in May because of the point system.  I  will still be paying less here compared to other service providers; unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Under the new scheme, I will be eligible for $43/43 points (5% x $15 + 2 referrals + 10 anniversary points).  If my spouse and son  jump ship I will lose 24 points.

With the switch over to points I will be losing $108.00 plus taxes annually ($9 plus taxes x 12 months compared to earning $43 (points).  Even though I will be paying more, I haven't seen anything out there that rivals PM's $15 plan.

It makes economic sense for my spouse who is on the $25 plan and currently playing $21 before taxes. to switch to a cheaper provider.  Freedom's $149 plan would more than meet her needs.  This change  will greatly affect people that are on a lower income.

Someone said: "Cheer up things could be worse".  Sure enough I cheered up and things were worse!  Or was it there is light at the end of the tunnel and its a train heading towards you!

Have a good day!

@Wolfcore wrote:

I've personally read every single comment in this thread, so I'll do my best:

what may likely happen in May?

Nobody can predict this, of course. We've seen Oracles seemingly hinting at some sort of compromise (as if this possibility is being discussed in their private group chats), but we don't know anything for sure.

@Wolfcore what Oracle has hinted at a comprimise?  There has been no such talk

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Matty1234 wrote:

This missing piece that you haven't mentioned is that Public had promised that customers wouldn't be moved to the new points program if they didn't choose to

If PC mobile have a rewards program (I don't know the details) and change it and promise not to force long term loyal customers, but then actually force customers to move over then maybe you'd have a point 

I have NEVER seen the words WE PROMISE.  In the original thread introducing points the only direct comment was "There are no plans to" that was 2 years ago.  I understand the people are upset but I don't see PM reversing this decision

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

HI @Y4J259 

the plan is almost like PM's $35 except they have US calling and unlimited data at 150Mbps.  Honest, the data is not very useful.  

and PM has points, with 5% and 10 points bonus on anniversary, it is almost like $2.50 off  a month.  So, you can think PM $34 plan is just $31.50.  

@Y4J259 wrote:

Given that PM has duped so many folks into buying in, then ripping the rug out from under their feet, it seems many are shopping around. 

I've seen some great offers. Here's a $34 50gb CAN US plan (4g). 

Decent plan, but it does not offer US roaming. Just long distance calling to the US while in Canada.   

Y4J259

Given that PM has duped so many folks into buying in, then ripping the rug out from under their feet, it seems many are shopping around. 

I've seen some great offers. Here's a $34 50gb CAN US plan (4g). 

1000017697.png

twobytwo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so sad! I have been using it for over 5 years and introduced to many friends and my family!

Holiday888

@Wolfcore 

Thank you.

Wolfcore

I've personally read every single comment in this thread, so I'll do my best:

what may likely happen in May?

Nobody can predict this, of course. We've seen Oracles seemingly hinting at some sort of compromise (as if this possibility is being discussed in their private group chats), but we don't know anything for sure.

Will we get to keep our loyalty and autopay rewards?

Same as the above answer, we don't whether or not they're considering reversing this decision. As of now, the only answer we have is what they've told us, which is that we'll be losing all of our legacy rewards, and moving over to the new points system. So no loyalty rewards, and no autopay reward.

How are the CCTS complaints coming along?

Very oddly. Some people have been outright rejected, others rejected after a second phase, and some have even been accepted and pushed towards a seemingly final stage, as if to be offered some sort of compensation for their complaint. I don't think we've had an official finalized (positive) "settlement", as of yet. Other than some people getting some stuff by complaining to CS Agents (free months of service, extra data, etc).

Do they care?

Does not appear so. No official word from the company has been announced yet in regards to the negative feedback. The only responses we've heard, have been from their objections to CCTS complaints, stating that they were within their legal right to do what they did.

Are we winning?

Again, can't really answer that with a complete answer. Judging by their reactions to CCTS complaints, I'd say no, but looking at how their competition is jumping all over this negativity, and literally creating advertising campaigns seemingly based around what's happening here, I suspect that PM is at least considering some sort of additional changes to their initial announcement. They have opened up some new-customers-only plans to the entire customer base, which was 100% a reaction to the negativity, but I don't consider that a positive development at all, other than maybe a sign of them possibly panicking due to witnessing a lot of customers leaving, or saying that they intend to. 

Holiday888

I am not going to read over 4000 posts. Can someone who has been involved in this thread or other sites like Reddit give me a consensus of what may likely happen in May? Will we get to keep our loyalty  and autopay rewards? How are the CCTS complaints coming along? Do they care? Are we winning?

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Holiday888 I would except it would quickly be moved to the Lounge where it would stay for a day or two and then get removed entirely. We have to avoid a free-for-all at all costs!

Need Help? Let's chat.