Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,161 REPLIES 5,161

@Matty1234 wrote:

This missing piece that you haven't mentioned is that Public had promised that customers wouldn't be moved to the new points program if they didn't choose to

If PC mobile have a rewards program (I don't know the details) and change it and promise not to force long term loyal customers, but then actually force customers to move over then maybe you'd have a point 

I have NEVER seen the words WE PROMISE.  In the original thread introducing points the only direct comment was "There are no plans to" that was 2 years ago.  I understand the people are upset but I don't see PM reversing this decision

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

HI @Y4J259 

the plan is almost like PM's $35 except they have US calling and unlimited data at 150Mbps.  Honest, the data is not very useful.  

and PM has points, with 5% and 10 points bonus on anniversary, it is almost like $2.50 off  a month.  So, you can think PM $34 plan is just $31.50.  

@Y4J259 wrote:

Given that PM has duped so many folks into buying in, then ripping the rug out from under their feet, it seems many are shopping around. 

I've seen some great offers. Here's a $34 50gb CAN US plan (4g). 

Decent plan, but it does not offer US roaming. Just long distance calling to the US while in Canada.   

Y4J259
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Given that PM has duped so many folks into buying in, then ripping the rug out from under their feet, it seems many are shopping around. 

I've seen some great offers. Here's a $34 50gb CAN US plan (4g). 

1000017697.png

twobytwo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so sad! I have been using it for over 5 years and introduced to many friends and my family!

Holiday888

@Wolfcore 

Thank you.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've personally read every single comment in this thread, so I'll do my best:

what may likely happen in May?

Nobody can predict this, of course. We've seen Oracles seemingly hinting at some sort of compromise (as if this possibility is being discussed in their private group chats), but we don't know anything for sure.

Will we get to keep our loyalty and autopay rewards?

Same as the above answer, we don't whether or not they're considering reversing this decision. As of now, the only answer we have is what they've told us, which is that we'll be losing all of our legacy rewards, and moving over to the new points system. So no loyalty rewards, and no autopay reward.

How are the CCTS complaints coming along?

Very oddly. Some people have been outright rejected, others rejected after a second phase, and some have even been accepted and pushed towards a seemingly final stage, as if to be offered some sort of compensation for their complaint. I don't think we've had an official finalized (positive) "settlement", as of yet. Other than some people getting some stuff by complaining to CS Agents (free months of service, extra data, etc).

Do they care?

Does not appear so. No official word from the company has been announced yet in regards to the negative feedback. The only responses we've heard, have been from their objections to CCTS complaints, stating that they were within their legal right to do what they did.

Are we winning?

Again, can't really answer that with a complete answer. Judging by their reactions to CCTS complaints, I'd say no, but looking at how their competition is jumping all over this negativity, and literally creating advertising campaigns seemingly based around what's happening here, I suspect that PM is at least considering some sort of additional changes to their initial announcement. They have opened up some new-customers-only plans to the entire customer base, which was 100% a reaction to the negativity, but I don't consider that a positive development at all, other than maybe a sign of them possibly panicking due to witnessing a lot of customers leaving, or saying that they intend to. 

Holiday888

I am not going to read over 4000 posts. Can someone who has been involved in this thread or other sites like Reddit give me a consensus of what may likely happen in May? Will we get to keep our loyalty  and autopay rewards? How are the CCTS complaints coming along? Do they care? Are we winning?

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Holiday888 I would except it would quickly be moved to the Lounge where it would stay for a day or two and then get removed entirely. We have to avoid a free-for-all at all costs!

Holiday888

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

This will be my last post.

Before your real last post could you do one more of your songs to: Sorry seems to be the hardest word by EJ

Camera4617

You keep saying how you upset, but you act as PM lawyer, looking from their perspective and trying to defend. That's your right but we also have right to look from the other side (like glass half empty or half full).  They never said 'you can stay for now', or something that implies we will be FORCED to change. They also removed that bonus of 1$ per month with PM day before announcement which really, really pisses me off. So, I get that you get paid by them, but let us regular customers comment as we like and don't defend them. 

RetiredGuy1

@softech 

IMG_0440.png

“If you decide not to join, your current Rewards will remain the same. You’ll continue to earn in the same ways, and save the same amount”. We definitely are understanding those two statements differently. I understand that as meaning one will continue to receive rewards in the same manner and at the same value. I see no qualifier of those statements being restricted to that moment in time only.  

By the way, I’m not angry and I’m quite comfortable with my perception of what constitutes a broken promise. Cheers.

@RetiredGuy1 

You definitely misunderstood that reply.  That reply from 2022 was clearly meant to say subscribers have choice to choose to stay or change to Public Points at that moment. No where it indicated that it was a promise that people can stay on the legacy system forever. 

Again, I am as upset as you about losing the legacy rewards.  However, I was trying to be calm and understand the entire situation from a rational perspective instead of allowing my anger to obstruct my perception of what’s right.

RetiredGuy1

@softech With respect, you’re being disingenuous here. Whether PC Mobile (or any other carrier) receive CCTS complaints next year in the context of changes covered by fine print in a ToS will depend on whether they TOUT PROMISES like PM did that a benefit (reward) will never change as long as you keep an active account. 

Matty1234

This missing piece that you haven't mentioned is that Public had promised that customers wouldn't be moved to the new points program if they didn't choose to

If PC mobile have a rewards program (I don't know the details) and change it and promise not to force long term loyal customers, but then actually force customers to move over then maybe you'd have a point 

@kb_mv I know  it is with everything that will have  a reward system.  Maybe I will be called a NO NAME MOBILE SHILL for posting that part of their ToS lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re fineprint

TLDR

What are your concerns?

@softech wrote:

@ShawnC13 I hope this time people read the fine prints or next year, CC TS will get another thousands of similar complains 🙂

@softech @ShawnC13 I have gone over the ToS of a number of competitors and they are almost identical to those here. It's almost like every company knows how to protect their best interests.

@ShawnC13 I hope this time people read the fine prints or next year, CC TS will get another thousands of similar complains 🙂

@S_PM just so you and others are aware there is fine print as well

ShawnC13_0-1712955146005.png

@yyjyyj wrote:

Where are my two new posts then?

I am not sure.  Someone has the link to find your moderated posts maybe they could post it for you

EdN

Yes, noname does have actual people answering your questions.  I called them the other day to ask about some things that weren't clear to me.  The lady I spoke with had to look up a lot of stuff .  I guess it's new to them too and we should be patient until everyone adjusts to this new provider.

S_PM

And the good point about the nonamemobile is that they have a contact centre where you can talk to some agent and find a solution to your problem. Not like in PM, where there is no customer service but has only GREED for more profit

S_PM_0-1712953478023.png

fp02

Hey, I just saw that online as well.  Would be nice to see how many PM customers will jump ship.  Public Mobile greed has pissed off a lot of older folks like myself.  We dont need 20 GB of data a month, a couple will do nicely and losing $84 (or more depending on your old points plan), in return for empty promises and credit that you have to wait a year for and may not even cover one month's subscription is crap.

Martha hitch up the wagon, we're moving to NoNameMobile.

S_PM

Hello Fellow PM users,

I got a good plan from https://www.nonamemobile.ca/en/plans/ with 2GB data @$19/month at a 4 G speed.
Let us all make an EXODUS, to this plan or any other plan of your choice to any provider.
Public Mobile has really thrown us out of bus. No point being loyal to them when they don't care about you anymore.

S_PM_0-1712952349114.png

@yyjyyj wrote:

Where are my two new posts then?

@yyjyyj As a moderator has posted before, they cannot delete posts. They can move them but you will see a post saying it has been moved to an area you cannot see or to another thread or combined threads. If your post is being deleted it is some bizarre algorithm that has for some unknown reason sent your post to your "Rejected Items". I have had this happen off and on over the years with no satisfactory explanation from PM CS. It just happens. Rest assured there are dozens of posts in this thread that have competitors offers and plans. You are not being singled out and sensored. Check the link below, it should take you to your rejected posts. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 4.49.51 PM.png

yyjyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I started two brand posts, and never found them. Pig back posts were ok.

Michael6666

You're right, I am able!

The port was easy and now I have to do two more accounts!

Dunno if anyone at PM cares but that's 60$ a month out the window for PM because of their greed.

RetiredGuy1

Absolutely. Of course every business exists for the sole purpose of making money and, by extension, keeping shareholders happy. So, yes, as long as there is no impact on the bottom line then they don’t care. My point is there is a fine line between that and going a bit overboard to the point of losing existing customers and keeping potential new customers away. When that happens, it will affect the bottom line and so they should care. At this point, nobody knows until from May onward (why I said a yet-to-be-determined lesson).

Need Help? Let's chat.