Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,588 REPLIES 5,588

Michelle8631
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where do we go to complain about this change.  There’s nothing wrong with the current rewards system and switching over will result in an increased cost to customers 

NoseyNick1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Freedom ask "Tired of constant price increases? Don't get fooled by the other guys. Our Price Freeze Promise means your wireless plan price (before any discounts and credits) will never go up as long as you keep your plan. We promise"

Who do you think their target audience might be?   😄

What's MAY be slightly cheeky would be exactly what counts as "discounts and credits" of course   😕

Michael6666
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Those who built PM's loyal following will do its best to bring it down with these unnecessary changes. 

I manage 3 accounts and oh, look at that, I have 3 sim cards for d-day.

@J_PM maybe you come back with a reversal of this decision, maybe not. Either way, no hard feelings on my end, I don't care about faceless corporations that lie to me! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... Nope, won't be here for that 🤣🤣

1000002035.jpg

MintBerry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It seems Public Mobile is getting careless with their CCTS responses. Probably because they are overwhelmed 🙂

It's the same copy and paste response for all and they are addressing it to CCTS but not even sending it to their email.

I got two objection emails within 5 mins with two different case numbers listed in the subject line.  I only filed one complaint.  Second case number quoted isn't mine but sent to my email and with my name. 

eyes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Soooo everyone get bombarded with announcements - can’t log in to ones account without getting the announcement in your face and you think that you’re singled out and not getting told about the change. - well I’ll tell you that in may Pm with convert all legacy plans to the point system. 

Joe_Crushy

I totally agree, We helped make Public Mobile the service it is today and I'm sure like myself you have signed up family and friends for the service to now get told thanks but no thanks. I'm not happy either. 

greenwavemf

Replying to myself??   I spoke with Freedom. Trying out their SIM card next week to see if it works where I live.  Much better deal than PM.  Thanks for the push to explore more options PM!  Cheers!

@HALIMACS wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@ShawnC13 

Reminds me of Aesop's Fable, "be careful what you wish for".

@HALIMACS    Hmm...are you saying I shouldn't wish to win the jackpot the next time I buy a lottery ticket? 😉

@dabr   Absolutely not.   I hope you win!    Especially all the wonderful (sarcasm) prizes you can win by gambling away your Public Points.  I'm sure we can't wait for all the lottery prizes.  🙄  

@HALIMACS   Lol...I should have clarified earlier.  I have no intention of wasting any points entering for the chance to win a phone at PM but do occasionally (when jackpot is north of $40 mil) splurge on buying a ticket for one of the national lotteries!

edit:  unfortunately, the success rate for winning any one of these will probably be the same (nil).. 😑

Bunnyhop

No its not. They have to give you notice.

Sre

Hello,

We were promised when signing up that as long as we stay with public we'll have the rewards discounts. This is not fair for those of us with public for years and I've also signed on many people speaking highly of public. This mandatory points system is not comparable.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think somewhere in their ToS they mention that them notifying you by sms, email, or even website announcement, qualifies as notification. They don't even have to tell you directly/personally it sounded like. Just having it announced somewhere on the website, counts. I guess.

@greenwavemf wrote:

Yes, got the data gift. no mention of any plan changes.    Is changing rewards without notification legal?  Effectively its a change in pricing. 

I am not a lawyer, so not sure if it is illegal.  However, supposedly, Public mobile did try to send email and text messages to all legacy customers affected by these changes.  Looks like not all affected customers were notified.  

greenwavemf

Yes, got the data gift. no mention of any plan changes.    Is changing rewards without notification legal?  Effectively its a change in pricing. 

@greenwavemf wrote:

I checked all my email accounts and folders and found nothing from public.     I sure hope they come up quick with an offer the impact is about $30 a month for me.     I am looking at a switch to the $119 year plan at Freedom. 

@greenwavemf 

Did your accounts received the data bonus (150 days) because of the forced migration to points?  If you did, you should have also received a text/email for that gift. 

$13/15 plans received 5 GB, $24/25 received 30 GB  and $29+ plans received 240 GB data bonus.  Unfortunately, if you lower your price plan, you will lose the data bonus. 

greenwavemf

I checked all my email accounts and folders and found nothing from public.     I sure hope they come up quick with an offer the impact is about $30 a month for me.     I am looking at a switch to the $119 year plan at Freedom. 

@greenwavemf wrote:

No respect for customers.  I have 4 accounts in my family. I just logged into my account yesterday and found out about  the end to the rewards program.   Why no notification letter to me  or my other 3 accounts?     After many years of good service no notification!  This new points system appears to be a shell game and too much work for the customer. Especially when your app is utterly useless.   I'm looking at options to leave telus.   A simple letter respectfully  explaining the change  and the impact  would  likely not lead to the likely exodus. 

@greenwavemf 

You should have either receive an email or text message from Public mobile with these upcoming changes.  Did you opt out from these communications.  

The legacy rewards system is better than the points system for savings for the customer for certain.  However, Public mobile has decided to end the legacy rewards starting in May for business reasons.  

I would not be surprised if Public mobile will offer new "cheaper" plans for existing customer relatively soon to partially offset the loss of legacy rewards.  Public mobile did recent offer the $29 plan (20 GB of LTE data) for existing customers. Try to be patient as we wait for further Public mobile responses to these changes. 

greenwavemf

No respect for customers.  I have 4 accounts in my family. I just logged into my account yesterday and found out about  the end to the rewards program.   Why no notification letter to me  or my other 3 accounts?     After many years of good service no notification!  This new points system appears to be a shell game and too much work for the customer. Especially when your app is utterly useless.   I'm looking at options to leave telus.   A simple letter respectfully  explaining the change  and the impact  would  likely not lead to the likely exodus. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

🤔 @kb_mv & @softech , I don't read anyone being fixated nor complaining nor obsessed about post counts. 

Do either of you?

ValeryD1

I transfered the last phone number from PM and am very pleased!
Yesterday I received another “gift” from a PM, not only 240gb data, the search when using the date did not work!

Have a nice day everyone!

Goodbye PM!

@jtennyuk wrote:

This took a wild left turn

@jtennyuk More like a hard right turn.

Moved:

We aren't getting into Political opinions. That is not what this thread is for

jtennyuk

This took a wild left turn

Yatti4201

I would be very surprised if the CCTS took any action. Businesses can change policy at anytime even "If" they promise something - which in this case they actually didn't. If you read what they released they said at the time they were going to keep it running then literally a week later changed their minds. I have problems with executives who do business like this - Someone made a big mistake. Hence why I will be leaving. Lets face it with the tri-opoly in wireless space in canada there is no real competetion hence why we pay the highest telco costs - in the world. CCTS should be chastizing all businesses who are charging these ridiculous costs. What Telus has done has awoken the sleeping giant. Telus doesn't want a bunch of smart people using their services anyways and these events are why. They like most canadian businesses just want liberal peons. Not true thinkers. We can't even hold people accountable for 90% of the population taking a gene therapy product with unknown harms. We set humanity back a few cycles atleast. Therefore I don't expect any reversal nor CCTS intervention ( I don't think they have true enforcement power anyways)... Tbh CCTS sounds like another liberal think tank..

MrG3D

Yeah, you show em.

Bunnyhop

Yeah I dont want their crappy new points.

Bunnyhop

That is just corporate speak to "get as all in line." and "obey your overlords"

Public Mobile is going to raise prices regardless.

Bunnyhop

We gotta show telus who's really in charge here.

Need Help? Let's chat.